I smiled this week when I finished the laundry. It took most of the day and it was a large task but I got it done and the kids can wear clothes all week now. Everyone should be smiling that my kids will be dressed in public.
I smiled when I got the grocery shopping completed. I brought Nic with me to help with the task and when it was finally unloaded into the cupboards and fridge I couldn't help but smile and think, the family gets to eat next week.
I'm smiling as I think about Monday morning and making several freezer meals for when baby arrives. I really just want to sit and hold my baby and watch my kids play with their little sister. I don't want to be thinking about what to feed everyone. Monday might be a little tough but when I'm done and reaping the benefits I'll totally smile.
I smiled each time it rained this week. I love the sound of rain and the feel of Fall on its way.
I smiled last night as I sat with the YW's leaders and their spouses. We had a little get together and we laughed and laughed and it was just a restful evening filled with smiles. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it because right now the evenings are about me in bed. I'm glad I decided to make it happen. Kjel and I had a wonderful time.
I smiled each day when my boys got home from school. I like having them around. It's fun to be a mom even though right now it's super hard. Anthony keeps telling me I need a t-shirt that says, "I'm great with child so right now I suck with children." He's probably right. He's definitely right. I'm struggling with anything asked of me beyond taking a shower in the morning. I'm glad I've got a group of boys around helping with the daily tasks. That's another smile.
I attended Isaak's football game yesterday and totally smiled. It was a crisp fall day and I sat in the chair Anthony set up for me. I clapped and cheered and enjoyed the light breeze and the beautiful world. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the game but I did and I smiled as I watched Isaak's team play hard and have fun.
I smiled when Nic picked out a pair of purple Airwalk shoes. He looks great in his purple shoes!
Friday night Matthias slept in Anthony's bed. I slept wonderful. Matthias has a habit of finding my bed at some point each night. For a while we thought we'd solved the problem and he was sleeping in his bed all night long. However, as each day draws closer to the arrival of his little sister, he joins me in bed sooner each night. Normally, I'd carry him back to his bed but honestly, right now I can hardly carry myself to the bathroom so I just roll over and try to get comfy, or I move myself to the downstairs couch. Friday night I asked Anthony if he would let Matthias stay in his bed so I could sleep all night long. Anthony obliged and I slept great. I fell asleep thinking about my boys snuggling and loving each other.
I find moments each day that bring little smiles to my heart. I smile when my boys give me hugs and when they bend over and hug my belly so that little sister gets a hug from them. I smile when I get to wear pj's all day. It's so nice to be in comfy clothing. I smile when Kjel gets home from work and then heads off to football practice. I love that he's with his boys. I smile when Clayton tells me all about his nerdy day and how much fun it was. I smile when Isaak comes home ecstatic that he went the entire day without getting into trouble. I smile when Nic plays trains or cars or fort with Matthias. I smile when Nic gets up at night and helps Matthias fall back to sleep. Last night we found Nic asleep next to Matthias. I smile when Anthony finishes school each day and he and I get to be buddies. I smile when the day comes to an end and I smile when the morning starts and I convince myself to get out of bed.
It's these little things that make all the difference. It's the simple smiles that come together each day and pull out the happiness.