You know when you least expect to be smiling and then suddenly your heart can't contain the joy its feeling and your lips just burst into a smile? I've felt that a couple times this week.
There's lots going on around here that would make a person smile. How can you not smile when you've got buddies everywhere you turn? It's like a party here! Anyhow, if you sensed sarcasm, I'm not sure if I intended it or not.
This week, while I was playing taxi, I flipped my radio on in the van. Lately, I've had a really difficult time getting KLOVE to work on any radio so I generally just flip it on, cross my fingers and then flip it off again. It's terribly disappointing. This time I got to enjoy a few songs.
Saturday morning might have been a little rough. I may be a tad emotional and it might be pushing its way to the surface. I'm trying really hard to just smile and keep my mouth shut but at times I just can't seem to and the tears that well up in my eyes and drop on to my cheeks just can't be stopped. How can this be leading into a smile? So, I was blog stalking after a bit of an emotional break down and came across this post on, A Holy Experience. I cried as I read and flushed the emotions. As I completed reading I felt stronger. Feeling stronger is always a smile.
Smiled at the doc when he said I'm dilated to 1.5. I'm not sure you can even count that as progress but I had to smile a little bit.
Matthias ran into my room and screamed with joy, "I'm nakey" Can't keep a smile off your face when this little one is running around in his birthday suit.
I'm not sure if anyone realizes this but Clayton and I think on very different sides of the brain. Very Different Sides of the Brain. He thinks with his brain and I just let my brain stay housed in my head. Anyhow, he was listening to a phone call I was having. I was letting the person know that I'm not in any rush to have baby out because as soon as she arrives she'll start growing up and before long she'll be 6 months old and then starting elementary and she'll be on her way to college and I won't even have blinked. I then summed it up with, the longer I keep her inside the longer I have. She can't start growing until she's out. Clayton kindly let me know that my plan does not work. With a smug smile, "Mom, I hate to ruin this for you but she's already growing." I can't help but smile when that kid points out my silliness.
Watching Isaak on the field is always a smile. He played great this week.
Got to go to Anthony's football game this week. I've missed them because of other commitments but this week I was on the sidelines cheering. I just love watching these boys play football.
Stayed up way too late to watch the Packers/Bears game. It was a super fun game to watch. That sneaky touchdown was incredible. I begged for instant replays of that all night.
Nic's going to be sharing more noise at our house soon. He's going to learn to play the trumpet. Have you ever listened to someone learn to play the trumpet? It's going to be fun! I'm only smiling at this because my Grandfather plays the trumpet and I like the idea of Nic following in his footsteps.
I finally made a purchase for my daughter. I bought her some diapers! Yup! I had planned to buy her Green Bay Packers onesies but there were no newborn size left and I just really wanted ones that will fit her for this season. I'm going to keep looking because I just love the thought of her snuggle in daddy's arms cheering, Go Pack GO!