Sunday, September 30, 2012

some things to smile about

My week started off with this little guy helping me make birthday cake for his big brother. I was in heaven as I watched him snatch cake mix and frosting from the bowl. It was just pure bliss to see him helping himself to the sugary goodness.

 Check out that face. I just love the snot running down into the cake mix. Perfect life for a kid.

I love this little hand trying so hard to get a quick swipe of the final product.

I smiled as I watched my boys sitting at the table doing homework.

My magazine subscription is coming to an end and the last issue they sent included this piece of paper. I couldn't help but smile and giggle as I read this sentence. I have one more issue to deal with in life and then I'm free from issues.

I smiled Friday night when my mom walked through the door! How wonderful to have family join us for this moment in our life. The boys are loving all the attention and I'm loving hearing her talk with them. It's great to have my mom here.

This kids smile instantly brings smiles to my face. 

This kids fierce intensity on the field also brings me smiles.

Before the season started there was a big combine where all the boys interested in playing showed up and they ran them through drills and watched their skill on the field. I remember watching and feeling so stressed that Isaak get picked for the right team. I really wanted him to be on a team that would give him the opportunity to grow and work hard. I remember finally calming my anxiety by saying a prayer and asking Heavenly Father to please put Isaak on a team with the right coaches for him. At the time I had no idea how blessed we would be. This team and these coaches have been amazing. I've listened to great pep talks and after game congrats. I've watched the coaches make corrections without belittling or demeaning the boys. I couldn't be more pleased and thankful as a parent. I'm going to miss these games. I'm going to miss these good men that have been such great examples to my son. Seriously a smile.



I didn't make Anthony's game on Tuesday night so they won. If I go to the game, the team loses. If I miss the game, the team wins. Anthony made a great tackle and I'm glad Kjel got a pic.

I smiled as I watched the primary kids practice for the primary program. This year I'm just a spectator and I've missed listening to them learn their songs and parts. I sneaked in on Saturday for their final practice and my heart was filled with joy. I'm looking forward to watching them today during sacrament meeting. Such a privilege to see and feel their testimonies.

I've made it through the week and been able to attend many of the important events. I wasn't sure if I'd make  these activities, either because my body would be too tired or because I'd be birthing a child. I smiled as I participated in Nic's birthday, as I attended pack meeting, when I dropped Anthony off for some testing for school, as we celebrated Kjel's birthday, when my mom arrived at my home, as I read a recipe to Isaak and he made banana muffins, as I sat through the first half of Isaak's football game, as I watched Nic practice for the primary program, each time I picked up Clayton from school, as I sat and watched the RS General Meeting, and this morning and I prepare for church. I'm also going to smile as I watch the Packer's game this afternoon. Any time after that little sister is welcome to arrive. It would be great if she could work herself into the schedule tomorrow. Maybe I just need to write it on the calendar?

I smiled as I heard this song. I was blessed with this song on Friday morning as I went to the doc. It's a reminder of God's love for His children. I know while I'm on this Earth I'll never fully understand this love. I couldn't help but spend some time thinking about those people in my life that love me for me. I can't help but think of my husband, who from day one of our relationship has just loved me. There are many reasons why he could drop out of this craziness and yet he sticks it out and loves me. I'm trying to step up to this kind of love. The kind of love that God has for us. I'll never catch it while I'm here on earth but if I can even grasp a piece of it I know my life will be greatly changed.