Sunday, October 14, 2012

blissful sleep-filled smiles

This week has been wonderful. So many happy happenings. I'm loving the moments I'm spending with my daughter. We've snuggled and slept and cried and smiled together. One of my greatest joys each day is seeing her brothers love her. I had no doubt they'd welcome this new little one with open arms to our house of insanity but I also had no idea how tender and sweet each brother would be with their little sister. Each big brother is different in their interactions but each one is gentle. Matthias is gentle enough to leave her alone.

I got a most amazing package in the mail this week. Kjel's mom crocheted a blessing dress for Anna. This dress is unbelievable. I'd attach a picture but I want Anna to be the first to show off her dress. We will bless her next Sunday and then I'll post pics of her in her elegant dress.

Yesterday, I went to Anna's first party. Some of the ladies at church were insistent on putting together a baby shower for Anna. I was unbelievably hesitant. After all, this is kid #6 and well... anyhow, I fought hard and lost. The party was amazing and people were of course, WAY too kind. As I looked around though I couldn't help but feel so grateful for these great women at church. It was fun to see the ladies chatting with each other and laughing and just enjoying each other's company. Anna was loved on by everyone and spoiled by the number of gifts she was given.

Isaak's team won their first playoff game. One more game for him on Tuesday night. I'm so glad I'll get to be there.

I smile each time I see milk dripping from Anna's lips.

I smile each time I think of Anna.
This smile is an interesting one. Do you remember my posts 9 months ago? My negative attitude? My complete fear? My exhaustion? If not, good. I'll never forget what I felt when I first found out I was going to have another child. After all, I swore at the pregnancy test. Yup, I'm awesome. I couldn't imagine the responsibility of another child. The first few months of this unexpected pregnancy were just a blur of emotions of inadequacy. Each time I see Anna I wonder why God would bless us with such a beautiful gift. Why would I get to hold this angel and watch her grow? I'm far from deserving. I don't want anyone to think that I'm typing this and hating on myself. So let's not think we need to build up my self worth. It's just seriously, if I got what I deserved... well, it's just a good think we don't get what we deserve.
I'm glad that Heavenly Father knows me better than I do and that even when I was certain I couldn't do this (and I still wonder if I can) and was also certain I didn't want to do this (not feeling that way anymore) He still sent me an angel.

 I smiled when I saw Mario chilling in the car seat. Matthias shared his Mario mini-fig with Anna.

Nic's starting little sister off right with reading.

Isaak couldn't believe how small Anna looked in my bed so he had to take her pic.

This awesome "Swaddle Me" kept Anna asleep for 6 hours last night. Um, that's seriously a smile.

My mom has been with us and it's truly a gift to have her here with her grandsons and granddaughter. My Dad arrives this week. Time is racing past too fast!