Sunday, October 28, 2012

smiling

Big smiles for Kjel breaking me into my blog. We've got our computer on serious internet lock down and ever since I've been unable to log into my blog. Kjel spent a few short minutes working his nerd magic and I can now log in and post and comment on blogs! Hooray for my nerd.

I missed this smile a few weeks ago. I smiled when I left the hospital. It was good to be going home. I recover much better at home.

Watching this one, even when the house is a mess, is absolutely a smile.

Friday night was the Trunk or Treat. Kjel stayed home with Anna and I got to take my boys to the event.

This little one was the cutest thing all night. I just loved watching him being a kid. He wouldn't put his costume on until I told him if he did he'd get candy. He was an extremely willing participant after that.

Nic rocked this costume! Seriously, freaking awesome.

I know this picture is blurry but it's all I've got of Anthony as a zombie. The only proof I have of Isaak attending is a video. Clayton didn't dress up so I didn't take any pics of him.

This kid was in heaven carrying around his pumpkin with candy. I loved watching him all day Saturday carry around his pumpkin of candy. He was in a world of happiness.

She's growing and I'm still sitting around watching her. Smiles for making time to sit and enjoy my little ones.

I'm almost among the living. Don't look too close at the eyes. (I'm way too old to get up at night.) Saturday, I was able to attend a baptism and even do some grocery shopping. Today I'm attending one of Clayton's friends confirmation at a Lutheran church and then I'm heading home to watch a Packers game! PJ's are a smile!

Saturday night we did pumpkin stuff. I smiled as I watched this one draw on his pumpkin.

I'm glad I still have a couple kids that want to do Halloween festivities.


At least once a day this kid says, "Hey, Mom, it's ME!" I smile every time he brings attention to himself. I still love this little guy! He's such a joy.


While he played outside he decided to do some football throws with his pumpkin. The kids were stressed he'd ruin it. I figured it wouldn't matter. We were both right. He ruined it and it didn't matter.

This kid is stinking strong. He can do several of these pull-ups. I smile at strong kids.

There's been much to smile about. I've not kept track of the little things that change my day. Instant smiles come from watching my boys with my girl. She is lucky to have 5 brothers that love her and can't get enough of her. I smile when Kjel gets home from work. I miss him around and life just feels better when Kjel's in the vicinity. I'm sure you all feel that way!

Each day is a little better. The postpartum hasn't been as mentally difficult as past experiences but physically has been a challenge. It's not impossible but just tougher than I remember. Although, I have to smile because it's also totally worth ever difficult second.

Here's to a new week of adventure and keeping better track of the little smiles that change the day.