The days of a mom can be seriously awesome.
This morning I walked the kiddo's to school. Matthias rode in/walked/pushed his stroller and Anna hung out in her pack on the front of me. I just let the moments clear my mind and enjoyed the warmth and spring weather and enjoyed the view of the fresh dew morning.. When we got to the school Matthias played on the playground. As we walked home I smiled as I saw that his trips down the slide not only brought him joy but a totally wet bum. I just relished that his wet bum wasn't bothering him at all. He was unfazed by the bother of the mess. He was content to run home and explore every twig and rock and bug along our route. I'm glad for this simple moment.
Last week was Anna's post-op. Here's a picture of the scar. We had just sprayed it with ASEA.
I worked hard on this bike and it's now up and running. I did need Kjel to do some final adjustments but I changed out both tubes and added the training wheels. Yup, I felt awesome.
The boys love their little sister. Here's Anna helping Nic with his homework. I hope she helped him get a good grade. Nic will soon be done with Elementary school. I'm looking forward to having him home with me for the next few years. I'm glad I have the option to bring him home and have him do school online. I love how it has strengthened my relationship with my sons.
These are the first dandelions of the season. I love dandelions. Kjel asked me if I ripped them out of the lawn. All I replied was, 'grow where you're planted'
She is such a cutie.
Friday night the youth at church had a talent show. It was a lot of fun. Clayton played the piano. Anthony sang a solo. At one point I looked over and saw this line-up of boys. I just smiled and reminisced.
I've signed Matthias up for 4K. Initially, I felt terrible about this. My reason for sending him is because I can't seem to create time to teach him anything but how to start the next episode of Phineas and Ferb on Netflix. I've felt a lot of guilt and I've tried numerous times to revamp the situation. And by revamp I don't just mean him watching a different show. I know some of this is just the adjustment of having a 6 month old and learning how to put the puzzle together but I don't know if I'll have it all figured out anytime soon. He's excited that he gets to go to school. I know he'll have a great time. He'll go Mon thru Thursday for a half day. Still plenty of time for me to get my snuggles from him.
Something is growing in my yard!
Anthony's feet are as big as his dads. This is crazy to me so I thought I'd share.
These two kiddo's are buds for sure. Fun to see them playing together.
This kid keeps impressing me. One morning I sat him down with this white board and a marker. It was all about keeping him out of the way. He was hard at work and then picked up his finished product. I couldn't believe he had drawn a face. He says this is a self-portrait.
I like walking home with the kids too. I use the time to get a little exercise and also talk with them. It's not easy to balance everything right now so I'm constantly looking for ways to multi-task.
One afternoon I went looking for this kid. I wasn't sure what he was up to. I found him in his room working on homework. He's such an awesome self-starter and hard-worker. I'm glad he has these traits.
We tortured the kids this week and made them help in the yard. We've got a lot of clean-up work to get done. The next few weekends we'll be breaking all the child labor laws.
With all this goodness this mamma falls into bed each night exhausted. I've thought a lot lately about helping others but often come to the conclusion that right now it is my job to help these children that are right under my nose. At times I feel very selfish that I'm not extending my hand further. I believe this line of thinking is flawed though. It's either flawed or I'm telling myself it is so I don't feel guilty.
Either way, right now it's all about these awesome kids.













