I've been on CNN.com more this week than any other time in my life. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever been on CNN.com prior to this week. I couldn't get through the day without checking multiple times for updates on the situation in Boston. My heart is still sick about what happened. I've thought about so many pieces of the event. I pray for peace for those who are living this horror.
Anna had surgery on Tuesday. Here's a picture of her pre-op. You can see the bump on her noggin above her eye. Surgery went well. The cyst was 19mm. We meet up with Doc again this week and then we're done with that piece of life. I was nervous/concerned/distraught... all kinds of emotions were inside of this momma prior to surgery. I was 99.9 percent positive everything would be fine. I also knew that this was really no big deal at all. I knew that any worry I was feeling was likely wasted and I should just suck it up and move on. At the end of it all, I just ended up feeling stupid for having such unnecessary emotions. I should have clamped them up better.
Tuesday night we had a completely unnecessary but unbelievably delicious meal brought to us. It was very much appreciated and it lasted for two nights so I got off the hook twice. Sure is nice to not have to cook for this group of guys.
Clayton had a science fair he was required to participate in. It was fun to stop by and see him getting his nerd on.
Here's my cutie pie a few days later. Sleeping and healing perfectly.
Isaak tried out for the talent show and made it. He's singing some song that's talking about something he won't understand for many years but he's happy and it's fun to hear him practicing.
Nic has been working really hard on his trumpet skills. It's fun to hear him tooting his horn!
Hit Lowe's on Saturday. This was the view for everyone near us. I love that cute little guy.
Found crunchy marshmallows at the grocery store. No longer do I need to purchase Lucky Charms and pick out the cat chow so I can enjoy the good.
Here's a funny. I've been helping out with Isaak's class. One day his teacher asked me to take down the bulletin board outside the classroom. I headed out and started taking down the pictures and letters. About half-way through I looked at some of the names on the work and started asking myself questions. Interesting enough, none of the names were of those in Isaak's class. As I started wondering I continued to take the stuff down. Suddenly, my stomach flopped and I had this thought that maybe I was in the wrong place? Um, yup! I had taken down another teachers bulletin board. Did I feel stupid? That doesn't even begin to explain how I felt. I sheepishly went back into the classroom and asked for a stapler so I could re-hang the work. Here's the board put back together.
We've had cold weather. I'm looking forward to a little sunshine and time outside with my family.






