Wednesday, September 25, 2013

backpacking

The night we arrived in Utah we started to pack Clayton and Anthony up for a trip into the Uinta mountains with their grandpa, uncle, aunt and cousins. This backpacking trip was a big reason why the Utah trip got planned. Years ago, when I started birthing boys I was excited that my boys would get to camp with their Grandpa. My Dad is a great outdoorsman and I had no doubt my boys would get tons of mountain time. Not just time in the mountains but time being mentored by an incredible man.

Well, we moved and my boys have been missing out on my dreams. I just had to make it happen. So we spent months going back and forth about participating or not. Going would mean my boys would miss out on scout camp and trek. Scout camp was going to be an amazing experience this year and trek doesn't come around every year. I was sick as I tried to decide what we should do. As you can see we packed up and cut our losses and went to Utah.



Here's my brother holding Anna. This was the first time they met.

Dad packing the gear!






Check out the size of the pack my sister is carrying. She's awesome strong.



The next several pictures came from my sister. She took pictures while they were backpacking. I'm glad she was with them to document the trip. I missed the boys while they were gone. I was never once worried about their safety but I could hardly wait to hear all about their adventure.






I love these mountains. The area is gorgeous.

The whole crew. L to R Grandpa Kim, Amy, Tony, Clayton, Darrel, Martin, Wyatt.






If you thought my sister was strong, you're totally right. My brother is crazy strong. I'll bet he could have carried every ounce of gear that the group carried in. He's crazy awesome.

I'm proud of this kid. He was worried but he pulled it off and had a great time.



Tony loves to climb trees. Love that Amy got a picture of him scaling this one.