While the crew backpacked the rest of us stayed back and played. One of the plans I made was for us to go to Hogle Zoo. I wanted this to happen so that Matthias could ride the zoo train. Um, I should have checked with the zoo. The place was under serious construction. When the project comes to a close I suppose the zoo will be amazing. I was heartbroken that Matthias missed out on the train ride. I had promised him. Countless times I told him about the train at the zoo. He was eager with anticipation and then, well, stuff happens. Anyhow, we still had a great time checking out what was there. I should have taken more pictures of our group and our fun but, well I'm not so awesome at remembering.
I was there. Thanks Carsen for making sure there was proof.
It was a super trip but I'd have to say my favorite part was seeing my cousins kid. I haven't seen Gavin for a few years and we just happened to run into him while we were there. At first I wasn't sure it was him and then I just knew without a doubt it was and I couldn't keep myself from giving him a big ole hug. It was joyous. So joyous.










