Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Gettysburg

This was our final stop. I regret that we did not spend more time in Gettysburg. We really felt like we could do this stop in half a day. I don't know what we were thinking because we honestly could have spent half a week here. We're going to have to make this trek again for sure. Although, I think I'd like to do this with just Kjel and I. So, Kjel, 20 years, you, me, no kids. Let's plan this as our "we made it," vacation.

Clayton and Kjel grabbed the audio tour and left the rest of us at the visitors center. Nic and Isaak joined the Army and had were sworn in and had their first training. 






This kid was exhausted! I loved having him sack out on my leg. Anytime, my kids snuggle up to me and fall asleep I feel like a really awesome mom. I could be putting the wrong spin on it but I seriously love my kids feeling comfy enough to just sleep and know mom will take care of them.

Here is a sampling of the pictures that Clayton took while on the tour. I have no idea what these are pics of. I mean, I know this is a cannon and the one below is a statue but that's where the knowledge ends.