Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mount Vernon

After we left my sister we had two stops on the way home. Our plan was to visit Mount Vernon and Gettysburg. When we arrived  at our hotel for Mount Vernon the kids were shot and most of them wanted to call it quits on the trip. We considered canceling Mount Vernon and just having everyone stay at the hotel and swim. I was sad to think that we might miss out on George Washington's part of our trip. I also had a few die hards that really wanted to see Mount Vernon. At this point in the trip we made the decision to split up. Kjel took the oldest three with him and they had an amazing time. I stayed back with the youngest three. 

It sounds like I missed out on something amazing. I'm glad they had such a great adventure! I guess we'll just have to do this trip again sometime.