There was so much to see and do while we were in VA. I have to say that my favorite attractions were family and friends. By all means, the history was amazing. I just really loved the people.
The morning after we arrived my sister and her husband got to sign their life away and close on their new home. I was spoiled to get to spend some time with their kiddo's. I really needed to do something besides sit (the long drive was giving me after pains) so we put on our walking/biking shoes and headed to the playground at their school. I loved following the girls and little Max as they lead me. It felt like a dream moment. I was transported to their magical world.
I love that Max had this super cool basket on the back of his trike. I loved even more that he was filling it with treasures!
These two did their fair share of fighting but if you were to ask either of them they'd tell you they were best friends. Matthias still begs me to take him to Max's house to play with his buddy.
The above picture may have been the only time they were nice to each other. The picture below is much more accurate of their relationship. As you can see Matthias is the aggressor.
I LOVE my sister. Seriously, I am spoiled. I have amazing siblings. I can't believe I get to be part of this family.
I LOVE being an aunt. Spending time with my nieces in nephews is happiness and fulfillment.
Aunt Amy made pancakes for breakfast. Isaak requested a large one. Isaak got his wish. For the record he tried to conquer this but he'd already had a few pancakes and well he is not the bottomless pit that some believe.
My sister made all kinds of arrangements to fit us in her home. It's not easy adding 8 people to place that's used to 5. I can't thank her enough for letting us crash at her place.
One of the days Clayton requested a trip to the local library. It wasn't far from Amy's house. He was thinking he'd walk. Amy piped up that she was willing to drive and even let him check out some books on her card. BEST. AUNT. EVER. I loved watching all the kids curled up with a book. I also loved Carsen reading to me. seriously spoiled!
Years ago, I started having my nieces paint my toenails. I wanted to spend time with them and I wanted them to know they are special to me. While we were together the girls painted my toenails and Anna's toenails. priceless.
I wish I'd taken pictures of Mike and Kjel introducing my oldest boys to Dumb and Dumber. The boys picked up several of the funny lines and entertained me throughout the summer quoting all the best stuff. I don't suggest sharing this video with your kiddo's without your hand on the remote ;)
I wish I had taken pictures of Macie and Carsen's dance recital. I miss dance. I can't even explain how deeply I miss dance. I loved watching these two girls on stage. They did beautifully and even more than that I loved seeing their joy. Not that they have to have joy while they dance but if you're going to dance you should love it, or you should do something else... something you love.
I wish I would have taken pictures of the kids swimming. They had a great time together in the pool. I loved the laughs and giggles and games. For fun with kids, just add water.
I should have taken pictures of what my sisters home looked like with all the chaos we brought. I never felt smashed or claustrophobic but it was seriously hilarious watching us cooking dinner and feeding the masses. I wish I would have taken a picture of Anthony grumping around about how much noise everyone was making in the morning and how he wanted to sleep. grumpy pants. I just love my teenagers. Seriously, I love them. It's fun to watch them be teens and it's fun to watch my little's by little.
I wish there was a way to capture the moments of Amy and I sneaking in some chats. This trip didn't have many late nights or long conversations with just the two of us. The future will hold those. Right now we're both manning the deck with two hands and two feet and anything else that we use to help us juggle.
I failed to capture the smiles on Kjel's face as he and Mike teased and tormented and had a great time together. These two are too much when they're in a room together. Way too much fun!













