Wednesday, December 04, 2013

a simple phrase

I was at the library last night with a few kids. Not all the kiddo's were with me but the two little's and the oldest were along for the ride. You'd think that since I was missing three kids this trip would be simple. Really, it wasn't too crazy. When we went to check out books though I found myself flustered. I had my coat, Anna's coat, the library books, my purse, keys... anyhow I was at the front of the line and the lady called me to check out just as Anna shot out of my reach and headed away. I stepped away to chase Miss Anna and at the same time sent Clayton to check out his books. He had been in line with me. After a little confusion about who had the library cards and etc... I finally ended up back up at the desk for check out. The lady could see I was flustered and she looked at me and said, "It's okay, we understand." Immediately, I felt relieved. It was nice to be let off the hook.
As a mom I sometimes think everyone's watching me and giving me failing tally marks. I'm not out to please them but somehow in my mixed up mind I end up trying to rise to everyone's expectations. I know I'm doing this because I figure I really don't know what I'm doing and they probably have it figured out. That may seem confusing... I already mentioned my mixed up mind.
Anyhow, It was nice that this lady just instantly let me off the hook. She didn't know anything about me as a person or a mom or a anything but she let me slide. I liked that.