Friday, February 07, 2014

and to think

Yesterday, twice I tried to sell you. Let's be honest. I actually attempted to give you away. I was desperate. You've been teething for over 6 weeks and now you have double ear infections. I knew both your ears were infected as I watched brain matter leak from within. I'm not completely terrible as a parent. I did get you into the doctor after the first starting leaking. I can prove it because he is the first person I offered your adorableness to.

Fortunate for me, no one was interested. I'm guessing it had to do with legalities because I did everything within my power to make you sound awesome. No one would have guessed you were taking my soul and dousing it in acid with each of your pterodactyl screams. I lied through my teeth!

I say fortunate because there's something about a little human with proper medications and teeth popped through that smiles at you. Even though each time you nurse my nipples are on fire and I want to cut them off and give them to you. You are smiling at me today and my heart keeps melting and I'm so glad you're still a member of our family. I might sell one of your brothers but you're staying. At least for now.

I document this not for you to feel sad when you're old, nor for you to think you're picked on or unwanted. I want you to know that some days kids are REALLY hard!! When I say really hard I mean it would be easier to ice pick out my eyes and eat them. That might be a slight exaggeration but not by much.

Kids are also awesome. Please read all the other blog posts about the joy this ride exudes.