I'm waiting for time to pass so I can take Matthias to the doc's. I should be emptying the dishwasher but I decided to blog stalk for a minute and then I decided to do a quick update on what we're all up to.
Matthias is loving 4K, except when it is time to go to school. He regularly tells me school is closed. When I pick him up he's had the time of his life. He really does like it. He's been fighting some ear yuck. That's why we're heading to the doc. About five days ago his eardrum blew. He'd spent many days with a fever and just sluggish. We'd gone through head to toe asking for some sign of pain but he didn't give us any lead that anything was wrong. We chalked it up to some virus and let him spend a few days being lazy and keeping him dosed on Motrin. Then his ear blew and Kjel and I figured out what his problem was. We then both figured that would be the end. He had a couple days of feeling better and then yesterday he was down for the count. He's also not been hearing us well. So, today I'm biting off the cost and taking him in. Love this cute boy.
I posted recently on the happenings of Anna. She's popping out teeth and making sure the rest of us understand the pain she is experiencing. No worries, we all understand the severity of the issue. She's very good at making sure we're in the loop.
Isaak has some fun stuff coming up. He'll be starting a football skills class and then doing spring basketball. For Christmas we signed him up for a basketball class and then the class got canceled. The pro is for the price of that class I was able to sign him up for two classes through the Boys and Girls club. He is ready for winter to end so he can get outside and RUN. We're ready for winter to end so he can GET OUTSIDE! He's doing well at school. He studies hard for tests and all of his hard work pays off. He's always been a hard worker. I know this skill will serve him well in his future.
Nic is still doing eSchool at home with me. I love having him around and spending time with him. He rocked the first semester of 6th grade and plans on doing the same for the second semester. I'm sure he will. He's been working on several BSA merit badges. It's fun to see him learn and experience this phase in life. He starting taking a Hip Hop class. I'm in heaven. A local dance studio offered boys the opportunity to take a dance class for free for this school year. I gave all the boys the option and Nic jumped on it. I love taking him to class. I love that he's really liking the class.
Clayton is working hard to stay focused during his Junior year. Junior year is tough. He's got some heavy class work and a lot expected of him. I'm just trying to cheer him through the tough moments. He and Tony and Kjel and I love to have really deep conversations about life, science, God, government. All kinds of topics come up. It's fun to have real conversations with your kids and see what they believe and how they see the world. He's working on his drivers license and making good progress. He's growing and will soon be headed off to college. That's a crazy moment.
Tony is learning to play the guitar. It's awesome to hear him practice. It's completely self motivated. He's not taking lessons and I don't ask him to get the instrument out. He just sits down and does his thing. It's nice to have him taking the initiative. He's doing well as a freshmen. He's loving High School and is very good at getting his school work done. I'd say he's definitely a self starter in many areas of his life. He's an easy going kid and just tons of fun. He's constantly teasing me and Kjel. I love when he gets his digs in really deep with Kjel. It's about time someone dished out to the old man.
Kjel and I have never been happier in life. I cannot believe how much we're enjoying one another's company. I love to talk with him and be with him. I'm eager for his return from work each day and love any moment I can steal with him. We've been together for a few years and not every phase has been this magical. We've had ups (like now) and downs that have been like getting stuck in mud that can't be moved through. I don't think this in unusual to marriage. The ups and downs are natural. I just want to document what a wonderful up we're enjoying right now. I want my kids to know that I love their dad. I loved him while we were in the mud and I love him know. The mud helped us deepen the love that we have but we had to together fight through. Not fight against one another but fight together.
I'm glad I have this family to fight with.