Yesterday, I had the most wonderful opportunity. I spent a few hours with a friend making a dress to donate to an organization that is making a huge difference in many people's lives. I'd never heard about Little Dresses for Africa. When I walked into the "event" (I use the term losely because there were a total of 6 women in attendance) I had no idea what I would be doing. All I knew was I needed my sewing machine. The pattern was shared with as was some donated materials. We were given a walk through on the process and then we got to work. My friend and I chatted and laughed and met other women. All the while, we worked and learned. It was inspiring. In the end the group was able to make 5 complete dresses with two additional dresses almost finished.
5 little girls will be given these dresses. As I worked on my project I kept thinking about the little one that would be wearing this. I wondered what her life was like and I prayed for her. I'll never know the exact moment or who will receive but I do know that my little effort will make a difference.
I picked out yellow ties for her dress. Yellow is sunshine and I want her to have sunshine.
I CANNOT wait to get started making more. I've downloaded the pattern and am eager to have my sewing machine churning out dresses. I feel so blessed to have gotten to participate and get my hands in on service.
It's the doing that's the fun part.