Monday, April 07, 2014

recent photos


I needed a qualified plumber to work on the pipes in my bathroom. I'm so glad I didn't have to look far. Even though I never saw any crack (a true sign of being qualified) he got the job done perfectly. So glad he knows how to take care of some of the stuff around the house.

I'm sure your home looked much better during the conference sessions. Mine looked like it usually does throughout the day. My littles really like to dump toys out  play! With all of us in the same room for so many hours it made for lots of fun.

Loved watching these kiddo's creating with Lego's. I honestly don't think I could ever have too many Lego's. And yes, Isaak is "watching" conference while he plays and listens to some game on the laptop.

Loved this view of these kids all at the table enjoying a meal. Anna refused to sit in her seat. She is very independent and wants to be just like the bigs. I'm adjusting and secretly, when she isn't screaming at me about how it should be done I love that she just does it herself.

Nic made a blanket. The NICU near us needs some blankets to cover the isolates. I dug through my fabric and we found some extra that could be put together and make just the right sizes. He's got two more to make. Such a fun thing to do with him.

For Conference I made cinnamon rolls. It's tradition around here. Only problem was that I gave up sugar sweets/treats for Lent. Can I tell you how unbelievably difficult it is to not partake?? Seriously!! Also, the rolls are lasting unusually long without the person who sneaks them constantly. Boys, start eating!!

Conference was wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading the talks. I love to watch and listen but reading seems to work better for me if I really want to gain anything. One thing I'm really focused on is receiving personal revelation. I want to know that what was said was from God. I want to receive a personal witness. I think it will take some work but the outcome with be worth it. One of my favorite books in the Book of Mormon is Enos. I have always been completely amazed at his willingness to work to know if what he was taught was true. I love telling my kids about Enos.
There's a quote from Hugh B. Brown that really speaks to me.

"While I believe all that God has revealed, I am not quite sure I understand what he has revealed, and the fact that God has promised further revelation is to me a challenge to keep an open mind and be prepared to follow wherever my search for truth may lead. ... And while all Mormons should respect, support and heed the teachings of the authorities of the church, no one should accept a statement and base his or her testimony upon it, no matter who makes it."

(from An Abundant Life: The Memoirs of Hugh B. Brown)