Friday, April 11, 2014

I can't come up with a title every time!

Do you know how stinking expensive lamb meat is? Seriously, I had no idea until I bought some today. Next week, as a family, we're talking about Holy Week and starting some traditions. One of which is a special meal on Thursday evening where we talk about Passover. Part of a traditional Passover meal is lamb. The people here will get some lamb but it's not going to be much. I wonder if it's traditional to serve up chicken nuggets on the side?


Nic has now finished two more quilts. This was such a fun project to do with him.

I spy with my little eye buds on a tree!!! You can't even begin to understand the joy this brings to my soul. Although, if you've lived through a long winter you might be able to understand.

I know it's fuzzy but I love this little girl in a hat. It just makes me smile.

We have spent the last few days soaking up sunshine. It's been marvelous!! I'm half tempted to set up the tent and sleep outside. It's been getting above 50 around here. I just love being outside!!

Matthias sings the alphabet song all the time. This would be great if he was getting it right. It's stinking cute though even when he gets it wrong. He also has this ABC song he sings. It goes through each letter and tells the sound and then something that starts with that sound. So, A is for apple, a a, apple. Except he sings it B is for Carrot, a a, carrot. And so on from there all wrong. All adorable though!

I'm sick of eating protein. My Midwife has me on a high protein diet and all day long I look for ways to get protein in my body. Breakfast is Kefir (because I'm also supposed to get those bugs in my system) and egg whites (a ton of them) with turkey slices and swiss cheese, green peppers and mushrooms and two slices of bread. It sounds amazing but when you eat it every single morning it gets old. I'm currently choking down plain Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of honey (so I can stomach the stuff) and nuts sprinkled on top. Again, it should be good but I'm so done. I will say the wheat grass pills are a much better supplement than the drink was. However, I can tell they don't work as well as gagging down the drink.

I don't think I've mentioned yet that I went with a Midwife for this pregnancy. In Wisconsin that means I'm delivering at home. Many of you have strong feelings about home delivery. If you have negative thoughts I kindly ask that you keep it to yourself until after I deliver. I've done a ton of research and I recognize there are pro's and cons as to wherever I deliver. I'm looking forward with calm anticipation and joy!