Thursday, May 29, 2014

Oh My

There's been several nice days of sunshine. When the sun shines I try to take this one to the park. She's just so happy outside running about with her brother.

This kid is finishing up 4K. He's learned a lot at school, letters, shapes, counting and a phrase that we could do without. He has a friend at school that regularly says, "Oh My God." It's pretty standard here in Kenosha. Other swear phrases and I'd think he picked it up from me. (I'll post more about my pregnancy language later) So, anyhow he started using it around the house. At first I ignored him thinking, pay no attention it will go away. It didn't let up. It became much more frequent. So I sat down and talked with him. I'm not sure how much he understood but in the end we came up with some different phrases that he could use. Now, he doesn't say it anymore.... except every time he doesn't use it he says, "Hey Mom, I didn't say Oh My God." Yup, he's 4 and I love this kid. 
For school one day he insisted on wearing this stocking cap so he'd look cool like his big brother, Tony.

The Saturday before Memorial Day I got to take the three oldest boys to a cemetery to put flags on all the veterans graves. It was a great morning.

Saturday evening we made Smores over the charcoal grill. Here's a pic of Anna showing me her smile.

Here's Anna enjoying some chocolate.

The water bottle on the right is Anna's with fresh backwash. Matthias called her water ghost water. I just had to smile and click a pic when he shared that tidbit with me.

Nic's first baseball game was last night. It was a gorgeous evening. The two oldest boys stayed home but the rest of us made an evening of fun at the ballpark. By fun I mean Anna started out happy and then I ended up ditching the game early because she was struggling. Isaak and Matthias ran and ran and had all kinds of adventures and Kjel took pics! 



Nic up to bat. He hit a ball and it took him to first base and brought in two runners. GO NIC! The next few pics are the play-by-play of his first hit and run during a game.









Isaak earned his Webelos badge. It was a fun evening. 



 Fist bump! Way to go Isaak!