Sunday, June 22, 2014

weekend

Every Saturday Isaak wakes up early asking what needs to be done in the yard. He ALWAYS spends Saturday morning helping in the yard. This kid knows how to work. I smiled as I saw him spraying weeds on our patio. I love that he loves to work with his dad and be outside.

Kjel's been picking up slack around the house. I'm not going to say that I've officially given notice that I'm done but honestly, it's the point in the pregnancy when I just hang on and watch time pass. I still think I can do anything but about the time I get started I realize I'm in way over my head. Last week Kjel instituted a force labor plan that involves everyone doing a little something extra to help out. He included himself on the list and I couldn't help but think he knows the way to my heart as I watched him load the dishwasher. Don't send me flowers or buy me jewelry just vacuum a floor or change the laundry or load the dishes and my heart is won.

Speaking of gifts. Kjel brought me home some of these to help keep the toilets clean. I know he's a keeper now. Every little task around here has become taxing so I love that he's just thinking of ways to simplify the next few weeks.

Picked the older boys up from scout camp. They had a great time. They have a ton of fun stories and memories. I feel blessed that they have supportive leaders that take time away from their families and share experiences with my family. These men make huge sacrifices as do their families.