On Thursday, after summer school was out for Isaak and Matthias some of us made our way to Six Flags. The weather was cooler and it was an optimal day for playing outside. Tony, Nic and Isaak have season passes to the park so Matthias and I went in with them on a discount. Kjel had the day off work so he stayed home with Anna. Clayton's not interested in roller coasters. The home bodies had a great time watching movies BUT the real winner was me. I got to spend the afternoon watching Matthias have a blast! Nic and Isaak explored the park on their own and loved the freedom.
This ride was super fun to watch. It takes the kiddo's up a few feet and then drops a little and some up again, and then drop... I'm sure you get the drill. The first two drops really stressed Matthias out. I wish I would have recorded the event. His face was classic fear. After those two drops though he realized it was going to be okay and he slowly started joining the other kids with the happy screaming.
It was a great way to spend an afternoon. It's not often I get time alone with a kid. I loved that he just ran and told me where to go. He played in the playground area and then he'd tell me it was time to try a ride. We'd head over that way and he'd have a blast there and then he'd be back to wanting to run on the playground. I just put my feet up and drank water.
The heat is finally hitting this town. For now I'll be mostly hiding inside to protect myself from the effects of humidity and heat. I did sneak outside today to watch the littles play in the sprinkler. The plan was to pull out the kiddo pool but it didn't make it through the winter season and obviously had holes that could not be repaired. I guess I need to spend another $8 on a new pool. Kjel brought out his camera and snapped these pics. I know there's a ton of them but I couldn't leave these out because each one shows this cute girls happy personality.
This kid played in the sprinkler too. I love watching these two play together. They really are buds.














