Monday, July 07, 2014

I had a good title but now I can't remember what it was.


How far pregnant I am depends on whether you're considering my original due date or the ultrasound due date. Either way I'm not yet 40 weeks and as of now I fully expect to at least go 40 if not a few extra. My only goal for child removal is to have this cutie out before Packers Family Night on Aug. 2. Of course, I would not complain if it happened long before that moment. I just know that it's already been stated that Kjel will not attend family night if I have not had the baby and I really don't want to mess up everyone's plans.

Baby is not currently in the optimal position for delivery. I'm experiencing a decent amount of low back discomfort. I'd call it pain but honestly if I start naming things painful at this point then I have nowhere to go and while I don't think pain is a fair word for delivery I wouldn't say it's all sunshine and roses either.

I spent much of last week walking. Walking is supposed to help get this little in a better position. Not sure if it worked but we've had gorgeous cool weather and the time spent outside was a gift.

I'm at that point of pregnancy where I'm nervous about delivery and also scared the baby will never come. I'm the slightest bit irrational and terribly emotional. I can cry over anything and everything. The men around here are being ever so patient with me and I'm trying with all my might to not overly torture anyone. Most of the time we're good. Really, it's going much more smooth than some of the past experiences. At least this time around I know I'm being ridiculous. It doesn't change the fact that I am but I can put it into some sort of perspective.

Kjel purchased a camcorder online this morning. I'm hoping it will arrive in time to tape the birth. I have a couple of my deliveries recorded. I'm hoping I can catch on video the beauty and spirituality of the moment. I'd love to have a birth photographer but Kjel and I have decided to keep this really low key. So, fingers crossed I can at least set a camcorder up in the corner of the room and get something.

It's going to be a beautiful week.