Sunday, July 13, 2014

new pool

We have had an unbelievably wonderful cool summer. There are those who are frustrated because it's not the standard hot summer. I just can't bring myself to complain though. I'm really loving the cooler days. Some days have been humid enough that we can sprinkle some water onto the action. These two are loving their pool. 


We've been at this house for several years and each year we attempt to clean up the back wooded area. These year we've made some decent headway. We still have a lot of work to do. There's a lot more dead trees that need to be removed along with many tree trunks. We still need to till the area and bring in significant amounts of top soil. Then we'll till some more and sprinkle some grass seed. There's talk of different landscaping ideas but with the way grass grows in this place, I think our initially idea is to get it looking nice and then take the landscaping to another level a piece at a time.

It's hard to tell what's going on in these pictures because I was inside taking pictures with my camera phone. This is Isaak using the chainsaw to cut down trees. It was awesome to watch him.


For the 4th of July we cooked up some burgers on the grill. While Kjel was cooking Tony entertained us. I love to listen to him play his guitar. He's learned a lot of songs and I must say that one of my favorite summer activities this year is sitting outside listening to him strum and sing. This is a poor recording because I used my phone camcorder. Anna loves dancing to the tunes.

So, we're ready for this baby to arrive. We're totally ready. It could still be awhile. I think my only concern now is that I won't start by 42 weeks and I'll end up in the hospital being induced. I really just want to go on my own this time. I've tried lots of different relaxation/visual techniques to get this thing started. I've even started drinking raspberry leaf tea. It's supposed to create uterine contractions. I'm not desperate, well not entirely desperate yet.