Saturday, October 10, 2015

oh yeah, we did that

Summer came and went and I took pictures and we created memories, I just didn't type anything up because when everyone is at home.... well, everyone is at home and it gets busy.

Here are some random pictures I found on my phone.

Nic and I ran a 5K. It was a tough course through a park. I don't often run on grass and up park hills. I really struggled, but we both conquered the beast and by conquered I mean that I crossed the finish line. Nic ran the entire race. Super fun.


Eddie Lacy came to our neck of the woods and the three biggest Lacy fans I know stopped by for a visit. 

Early in the summer we went to a Kenosha Kingfish game and took a ton of selfies. 



Anna painted my toenails and I painted hers. I'm trying to be girly because my girl loves it.

Matthias worked hard throughout the summer on his reading. We had access to a fun game from his teacher. I just loved watching him work through the program. Most days, I was just glad when it was done. It might have been a struggle.

We had cousins come and play. And then they surprised us and decided to move to Chicago!! How cool is that. We have family nearby and we're soaking up every single second we can get.



We went to Lincoln Park Zoo. Anthony contemplated life inside of an egg.

Anna screamed on the train ride

and we posed the cousins in front of some random animal cage.

Then we fed ourselves.


and finished the day by climbing on a huge sun dial and then chasing birds.

We pulled out the pool and spent a few afternoons outside soaking up some sun and getting soaked.







We enjoyed a nap or two.

Even on long walks you can take a nap.

Bowling! Love that the kids can bowl for free all summer. We maybe used it twice?? but we had a great time. 











We took Anthony's room of boring color and added something bold.





One of my favorite nights, when we were painting, was when Clayton joined us and chatted and shared some of his favorite crazy music.  I really loved spending the time chatting with my two oldest and listening to all the awesome music they love.

Random picture but this kiddo has won my heart.

We did a couple walks. Walks mean long breaks under neighborhood trees. 


Anna had some crazy random sickness that landed her in the hospital overnight and getting a blood transfusion. I got to spend a ton of hours loving on her. She's fine, totally fine and honestly, I think everyone was overreacting but hooray for doctors paying attention and for access to medical care.
At no time was I worried about her. I knew everything would be okay. Under other circumstances I know I would have been worried but I'd been fasting a couple days to find an answer and I have no doubt that God was caring for my emotions. I learned a great lesson that time with God.








That swimming pool out again.




Clayton had some change in his pocket and kindly shared. "Hey Mom, get yourself something nice." I always appreciate his two cents. That kid cracks me up.

The first Oreo. He approved!

We rode the train to Chicago. Initially, this kid was stressed because we sat on the second level but 

then he settled and was loving the trip.




Us on the water taxi.



We traipsed to Navy Pier and rode the Ferris Wheel. 


Again, nervous about the height.


While on the ride I found some awesome graffiti. 


A trip to Chicago is not complete without a good picture with some skyscrapers as your background. So, we took a couple.



We ate Chicago pizza. YUM! 

And then finished our day trip with a visit to Millennium Park and an obligatory stop at the Bean. 






Matthias found the best part of his day was the fountains in Millennium Park. I'd say watching him play was rather awesome.







Remember those awesome cousins that live in Chicago? We linked up with them for a day trip to Kohl Children's Museum. 

This kid packed up his life and left.

We played at the library. Our library has a great room filled with different items to discover. They change out the items regularly. It's the perfect place to play when it's too hot out or too cold out. 


This park was brought to us because of our Chicago cousins. The park is absolutely amazing. We spent the entire day just exploring and pretending. Or at least, the kids did. I might have sat and chatted with my sister. 



Clayton got another honor. I took a picture and shot him a text because this arrived after he'd landed in Alabama.

I just love when I see these two sleeping by each other. Kjel's job is to knock Markus out and I do the night time ritual of tucking in the other little ones.

Kjel's work bought Six Flags for the day. We had an entire Saturday at Six Flags with only the employees from work. It was amazing. I really can't explain how unbelievably wonderful the day was. We rode every ride we ever wanted as many times as we wanted. There were few lines. We would walk off a roller coaster and then walk to the next and then wait maybe 2 minutes, maybe not wait at all, then hop on the coaster. I have been completely spoiled.

I conquered Goliath with Tony. 





We had an extra ticket so Nic brought his friend.


Again, just loving this cute kid.

I met up with my sisters and Mom in Boston so this guy got to hang out at the airport and then

fly a plane.


 This picture he's as sweet as can be but on the way home he was demonic!! It was bad enough that the flight attendant offered to comp everyone around me a drink. Seriously! It was so bad the only way to get through it would have been to drink! 

That was a major picture dump and I have a ton more to add. Hooray for being able to document so many moments of our life.