Sunday, December 06, 2015

catch up



The camera on my phone is FULL. It's been much too long since I posted anything on the blog. We've been busy living and loving but I do wish I stopped to journal a little more often.

The odometer in my van hit 100000 miles. I was super excited and was certain to catch it with a picture.
Getting very close.

And I missed it! Seriously, how can you be so close and then miss the moment? I might have been distracted by a few passengers. Oh well. We'll catch it at the 200000 mark.

Some artwork that Nic created. I love that my kids spend time drawing.
He's growing up! Pours his own cereal and milk. Yup, he doesn't need me anymore.

 I love watching these two play together. I am so glad they have each other.

 Anna loves to dress up and twirl. I'm happy to watch.

Nic got to participate in the schools Haunted Hall. He had such a great time! He's making so many great memories.



For Halloween, Anna dressed up as Sheriff Callie and Matthias went as Stampy Cat from Minecraft. Of course, knocking on doors and being handed candy is wonderful. When we finished our candy grabbing we came back home and Thias and Anna passed out candy to our visitors. Anna gave handfuls of candy to the kids who came, although she would not give candy to anyone in scary costumes.


He insists on feeding himself. We have MANY messes due to his independence. I try not to complain, after all his messes create job security for me.

My Grandpa Cecil passed away. 
Picture
In his honor we filled a jar with his favorite lemon candy. We enjoyed and remembered the good man we call Grandpa.
I spent sometime in Utah after Grandpa's passing. At his grave site I quietly sang (didn't want to bother anyone) two of the songs he always sang to me; Mairzy Doats and You Are My Sunshine. These songs will forever be in the waves of my soul. As I was leaving I found Grandma. She loved Dandelions!! I grabbed her and brought her back with me.

While I was in Utah, I visited many beautiful people. I got to see my Mom and Dad, my brother and his family, many of my cousins and their kids, Adi, Sis. Jill, and My Aunt Treena and our good friend Deena. I wish I would have taken pictures of each of these wonderful people. Argh.. I'm kicking myself. I do have this picture of Aunt Treena and me.

Isaak turned 12!! Seriously, one year shy of a teen. I really already consider him a teen. He's just as awesome and wonderful as my other teens. Super glad we got to celebrate his birth.

Next week at this time Clayton will be home from college. He will have conquered his first semester at UA --- ROLL TIDE! I can hardly wait to squish him in a great big hug.

Speaking of Clayton, he spent Thanksgiving with the family of one of his roommate's. And he spent it in Florida! He sent me these beautiful pictures of his Thanksgiving view.




I sent him a picture of our Thanksgiving view.
This year, for Thanksgiving, we were spoiled to spend the entire day with my sister and her family! It's great to have family near. We had delicious food and the little's played. I loved watching her husband and my big kids play XBOX. Katrina and I talked and talked. It was perfect.

 We got more snow. I guess it's that time of year. Anna is teaching me to love the snow. I was complaining and out loud wishing it would all melt. She was sad I wanted her snow to go away. She loves the world covered in white. I think I might have to clean up my attitude. What if I focused on its beauty instead of its cold?? I might have to try this.



Isaak made me a snow gift. We kept it outside.

 Anna and Markus love to color. LOVE to color.





I love to snap pictures of Markus!

 Nic is on the Lego Robotics team at his school. They recently participated in a competition. They did really well and moved to the next level. That competition is this Saturday.





 We are ready for Christmas!