Tuesday, May 10, 2016

thankfulness

When cell phones first started touting a camera I was the person who couldn't see any reason to embrace this new technology. I watched the ads and laughed at the idea of pulling out my phone to take a picture. Really, who needs such a thing? I have a camera, I'll just use that!

I am now a fully devoted user of this technology and recognize that just because I don't think I need something doesn't mean that in the future I won't find myself completely devoted to a gadget I once thought to be ridiculous. I now rarely pull out a real camera because--- hey, look whats on my phone. I'd say my picture quality has taken a nose dive but that would be a lie. I've never been much of a photographer. But, I now get to capture more terrible pictures of wonderful moments.

Here's what I recently dumped off my phone.

I love when they curl up in the sunshine and nap. It's just so sweet.


She lives on Broadway and everything has a song attached. She calls this spot in our home her stage. From here she sings and dances and dazzles. I'm spoiled.

One should not get in the tub fully dressed, but if you find yourself wanting to play with someone that's in that tub, it's hard to stay out.

Hooray for older brothers?!?


Sometimes I just snap a picture because she has a smile that melts my heart.

These two are always up to something awesome. Unfortunately, this ended without injury or great story. I was thoroughly disappointed.


Spring football season is on! 
At this point, we're almost finished and I'm ready to be done with the drive to practice but I'll miss the games and the smile football puts on this kid. At least until the Fall season starts.
\
I stuck some candy in a few eggs and the three youngest hunted. Not sure where the pictures of Anna hunting went but they all got some candy. The bigger kids got some candy tossed at them.









We had some time this winter when the littlest two were sick and wanted to snuggle. So we spent days doing that. I get antsy just sitting around but I tried to remind myself that they're little and I won't get to snuggle them forever.

Tony got a job at Culver's. 
It's got ups and downs but the money is great. 

I LOVE when I find this girl awake reading when she's supposed to be asleep.

Not sure if I posted this here or not but Nic got braces. 

Isaak had a school project of building an obelisk. He and a friend put this together. Isaak's big contribution to this was some of the artwork on the outside. 


I just love these flowers.

We were blessed with a new-to-us couch and in the relocation process one of the pieces ended up broken. At a different home it wouldn't have needed repairs as soon but, we know how to quickly lay things to waste. I nearly cried when I thought about getting rid of the extra seating. We've really enjoyed the time together all in one room. (well, most of the time) So, I got to work at Christmas time making some repairs. My repairs lasted about a month so I begged Kjel to work magic and he did!  

I have my two sisters within 6 hours of me. Amy drove up one Saturday and we were all together. I love that we are this close in proximity. The last time we were close like this was many years ago. It may have been when I was torturing them while they shared a room with me?

Older brothers mean great snuggles. So does younger brothers.

For the Kindergarten music performance the kids got to dress up as nursery rhyme characters. We used the same costume from last year but added the red spot to make him look scarier!



Again, big brothers means big snuggles.

Thias found money in the car and started collecting. He had me tell Tony to buy him a light saber and he'll pay him back with this money he found.

The sun has given us some beautiful play days


And some awesome work days. We worked together to tear apart the patio we had made from these rocks and we've built a stone walkway. We have professionals coming to pour us a cement patio. Our patio DIY failed. Sadly, I'm still so concerned with what other people think that after we built this I had nightmares about the neighbors mocking us for not realizing that ripping up a DIY to create another DIY was a bad idea. I really need to move on with my life and stop looking to others for approval. It's one of my goals for 2016, obviously it needs more work.


Check out these dirty faces. We played outside and there's nothing better than a dirty worn out kid. It makes me feel like an accomplished parent.



Matthias gave me this sweet card and flowers for Mother's Day. He clearly knows a lot about me.

All About Mom
My mom is 16 years old.
She likes to play Star Wars with me.
The best thing she cooks is pizza.
Her favorite food is grapes.
Her favorite thing to do to relax is play outside.
We like to snuggle together.
She is really good at throwing the frisbee.
As you can see, my mom is special because she like playing outside with me.


I love finding these cute kids in great sleeping spots.

More older/younger brother snuggles.

Kjel picked up Clayton and took him to San Antonio. My heart is joyful that they're together! It's not long enough and I wish I was with them but I'm glad they got some time with each other.