I am lucky because each day I get to pick up my "smiling" kids from school. I get to wait in this long line of MAV's (Mormom Assault Vehicle aka Minivan) because 97% of the students participate in carpool. Isaak loves this time because he un-buckles and waves to everyone out the front window. He holds up our name card and smiles his big smile at the people who are stuck in line. Carpool is the name we've called this process. So as I was sitting in carpool one afternoon I happened upon an interesting experience.
The car in front of me was unknowingly plagued with a bee stuck inside. The bee was trying like mad to get out. All the windows in the car were open but it kept flying along the back windshield. I watched it move up and down and then to the right and back up. While I know that the bee was not talking I'm certain it was thinking. I can see the light. I know the way out is near. I can see the blue sky I can see the clouds it's as clear as day that this is the way I get out. I watched this bee for a long time simply because what else was I supposed to do, I was stuck in carpool. The bee became more and more determined to get out of where he was stuck. The thought that he should kneel down and pray actually entered my mind. But I don't know if bee's have religion. As an onlooker I could see that the route he was so fixed on would never get him out of the vehicle. If he stubbornly continued on this path he would never find the open sky. Carpool ended before I saw his release. I've spent the last few days fixed on this. I've thought about that bee and how often I'm the bee certain I know what I'm doing and too stubborn to look elsewhere. Very interesting. I do hope he was able to find his way out.