Sunday, December 07, 2008

box, tape and boys

From the title you might think I'm shipping the kids...

This morning we needed an outlet of fun. We have all these boxes around the house. They are everywhere. The recycle man has been in our neighborhood several times and yet the boxes have not made it to the curb. This has turned out to be a good thing because I've used some boxes to make cardboard plates for Nic's school class, Clayton is using some boxes for his colonial print shop project and we used boxes last night to cover our bedroom windows so as to prevent the neighbors lights from coming in and waking us all night. So as you can see we have done some recycling of our own. I love it when my laziness pays off.
Today the boys and I built a race track. Clayton came up with the plan details of who, when and how each car would race. Anthony worked on his strategy as to be certain he was racing his best hot wheel. Nic ran around whistling and jumping with excitement. Isaak worked to redesign the track so that it would have tunnels. I started building the track and when the others joined in I let them. This morning I am thankful for boys. All 5 of mine. I'm also thankful for stuff that sits around the house too long.