Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Shh... don't tell Kjel

One of my favorite things is when my sweet little kids find me in the middle of the night to sleep in my bed. My dear husband hates it when they join us. I, however, love rolling over and finding one next to me snuggled up close and sleeping so safely. If I could I would buy a bed big enough for all of us to sleep in and each night I'd tuck them into their beds and quietly whisper to them that they should wake up soon and come and find me. Sometimes I wish I had more than two arms so I could wrap them around each of my children and my husband and just hold everyone tight.
I'm glad that Isaak surprised me this morning. When I woke up he was asleep next to me. He's sneaky and often finds his way in without me noticing. I have insomnia and don't sleep past about 4:30 most mornings. This morning I was able to stare at my tender little boy and think about all the sweetness squeezed into his little body. I love my boys.

On a side note I have to post the cutest thing Isaak said to me when I came home from Black Friday shopping. He saw me carrying in the bags with Christmas gifts and he said "If you tell me what's for Christmas I promise I won't tell myself." too cute.