Thursday, February 26, 2009

double digits

Anthony is now 10. It's happened so fast and so slow. This morning meant unwrapping gifts and eating cake. YUM! How often do you get cake for breakfast? I get it 5 times a year. Consequently many of us are feeling some tummy pain but our mouths and tongues were very happy and we are smiling through the stomach grumbles.

I decided to be a pain this year and tape entirely around one of his gifts. When kids get older they just rip right into the paper. I hardly have time to take pictures. So to mess him up I used packing tape and completely surrounded the present. (score one for mom)

After some time Kjel got Anthony a knife to use. I would have loved to watch him struggle longer but Kjel did need to get to work. Lucky Anthony. As you can see from the smiles it was a wonderful morning.