So much has happened that hasn't been blogged. I was going to seperate all the great moments into individual posts but honestly I'm too lazy.
So the last post was about my dad's name idea for his grandson. It's not happening. I've come up with others but Kjel and I seem to be unable to agree. So far we have Wallace (i already know you hate it, don't comment, just be glad it's not your name). We came up with one this morning that made the list of possible but I can't remember what it was. The kids are dead set on naming him Bernard. I actually like the name but it isn't flying with hubby so we'll pass and let one of them use it.
I am actually very happy having a boy growing inside of me. It's a wonderful blessing.
While I was hiding from blogworld my sister came to visit. Actually my sister came to visit so I hid. I didn't want to waste one second of being with her. It was wonderful to have her visit. I was a terrible big sister when we were growing up. I missed a lot of good years with my little sisters. I've got the rest of my life to fix it but everytime they come around I can't seem to spare a second for anything but making memories, good memories.
DAY ONE
So what did we do?? I'll start with picking her up at the airport. That's right, I drove into Illinois and super woman that I am picked her up at the O'hare airport. Kjel was very much against this. I have a tendency to get lost so he was quite concerned. We had it all worked out for her to take the bus up to our town and I'd pick her up at the stop. I couldn't do it. I couldn't stand the thought of her showing up and me missing out on one second of her trip. So I took to the highways and confusion of traffic. I marveled at myself as I waited in the cell phone lot for her to call and let me know she had landed. I gave her directions on what to ride and where to go to find me. As she stepped off the shuttle I was so amazed to see my littlest sister with baggage in hand. What a blessing.
Our first stop was the grocery store. The one I've been talking up ever since we moved here. I know you're thinking I'm lame but you should have seen her face when we walked down the Spanish goods aisle. They had so many of the items she had been searching for since her return from Ecuador. I was giddy with excitement.
After the grocery store we met Kjel and Isaak back at home for Rosatti's pizza. Don't tell the other kids because as far as they know, they know nothing.
After shoveling pizza into our faces we were off to my ultrasound. I know I'm such a great guide. SO many fun moments in just a few hours. It was wonderful to have my sister there. We called mom and she listened in as the tech shared the news... a boy. We just sat in shock. What are the chances?? I guess pretty good. We have boys.
After the ultrasound we were off to pick up the boys from school. We were a little late but as they saw their Aunt Kiki in the car they seemed to generally forgive us for our tardiness.
At this point it was homework, dinner and late night chatting. After dinner Kat surprised the boys with mugs that had pictures of them with her and Jon. They loved them. We quickly made hot chocolate and enjoyed the warmth of the liquid and the sugary goodness. Kjel was on a scout camp out so we spent the night together in my room. We were both exhausted so we weren't up as late as we should have been.
DAY TWO
Saturday morning and I'm taking Katrina to a primary activity. She was so good to play along like it was going to be fun. Katrina is super cute with kids. Some think it's just her husband that's super cute with kids but long before he came into the picture, Katrina was recognized as the leader in this role. Since her marriage my sons have adopted Jon as the better of two. Please realize it's a guy thing, they have to stick together. So we strapped into the car and off we went to church. Katrina fit in perfect with my CTR5 class. They loved her. She even found some kids from other classes that latched on and wouldn't let go. Good times.
When we arrived home Kjel met us at the door with chocolate chips in his hands and a request for some cookies. He had survived the overnighter but needed some extra loving. We made up some yummy cookies and sat around and talked. I wish I had written this down because I can't remember what else we did. My guess was talked. It never gets old with people you love.
DAY THREE
Our ward starts at 8:30AM. This is early but it makes for a wonderful afternoon so we put our smiles on and work like mad to get out the door. We actually were at church on time. I wanted to impress my sister. I'd hate for her to think that we'd ever be late!! Church was wonderful. I quickly introduced Kat to the missionaries in our ward and a few members I know. The meeting was wonderful and then I parted to perform miracles in primary while she sat back and enjoyed a Sunday School lesson and a trip to Relief Society. I guess a few people know me because when she introduced herself as LeShels sister people generally nodded as if the name was familiar. Sad to say I'm still way behind in getting to know people.
After church we sat around with the kids and played games; Operation, Boggle, Blokus. It was super fun. We even convinced Kjel to join us in Boggle. Usually Sunday afternoon means a nap for me so Katrina has to know she's special because I didn't even sit on my bed.
Katrina also made us some yummy drink from her mission. It tasted a lot like rice pudding without the rice. I have some left over and will be making myself a cup tomorrow.
DAY FOUR
How does it happen? One morning you wake up and find out there is a great event about to make way into your life. The next morning it's halfway done and you find yourself so sad. At this point I was trying to keep a stiff upper lip. After all I had until Thursday and today is only Monday. I kept telling myself to just sit back and enjoy the time not think to the future. This was the day we visited Goodwill. Oh the happy feeling of a good find.
Katrina found some good deals, I found some good deals, even Isaak found a deal.
Here are some pictures of a few of the items. We also bought a hot wheels carrier for Isaak, tags still attached for $4.99, a picture frame for $0.99, shoes for Macie and Carsen to share $1.99, tags still attached, and 3 pair of pants for Isaak.
Tonight arrived and even though we should have gone to bed we decided to stay up and watch a movie. We picked Stranger than Fiction. I did my usually... I pulled my eyes open until the last possible second and then sacked out before the movie was over only to wake up while the final credits were rolling and realize that Katrina had also fallen asleep. We could have backed the movie up but I was quite certain I would probably fall asleep again so we parted and I spent several hours awake in bed.
DAY FIVE
First things first. We backed up our movie and finished it. I cried through the end and came up with all these deep thoughts and interesting ideas. I just cried and cried. It was a wonderful movie. Some of you may have seen it and are trying to figure out why the tears? I just cry because it's what I do.
It was a beautiful day so we packed up our stuff and headed to the beach. Of course we didn't swim. We could however feel the sunshine on us and we played at the park and watched the waves and I dreamed about summertime with kids and mom and a good book hanging out at the beach. I even lost my mind for a second and considered a good run along the beach. What was a thinking?? After the beach I owed Isaak a shake so we stopped at Cold Stone. He of course threw aside his required shake and concocted a delicious flavor of cotton candy and M&M's. I of course went for a cookies and cream shake and Katrina concocted a Marshmallow nilla wafer surprise. I must say hers was quit tasty. Isaak found himself cold from eating his ice cream and even though I had put up a fuss in my mind about the gross combo I was happy to finish up the remaining under the terms of "making sure big brothers didn't find out"
Pause--- my shake was so yummy. It was a mix of sweet cream and Oreo cookies. I just sat at that table and looked outside at the sunshine and inside at the company and new I was surrounded by perfection.
After big boy pickup it was off to home where we did the usual homework, dinner, protect the boys from each other. I then prepped for Activity Days. We were making bread for the sacrament that night and I needed to make sure I had the wheat ready to go. Confusion seemed to mount and I could feel it all getting ready to blow. Kjel didn't make it home in time. I loaded all the kids and my sis in the van, drove to pick up one of the girls, backed out and hit another leaders car picking up the girls I couldn't fit, headed off to the church, slammed some sort of a bread something together with giddy crazy girls, cleaned up, drove everyone home (no car incident this time), tucked the monkeys in bed, and complained to Kjel that I was tired. Katrina looked as though she'd been the one hit by my car but she faked a smile and we decided to stay up late and chat.
After the late night chat poor Kat was missing her hunny. He's a cutey so I can see why. I was in the hall giving and receiving big hugs when I decided she needed a boy to cuddle. I told her to pick one and then realized that one was coming down the hall. I turned to see Nic out of bed and said, "take him" At that exact moment Nic leaned over and threw up in the hall. Maybe he wasn't the best pick?? We cleaned up the mess and finally tucked everyone in around 1 or 2 or something.
DAY SIX
Nic stays home from school and Katrina and I take turns napping. Katrina had been fighting a cold since she arrived and this morning it won. We stayed in our pj's most of the day and took turns falling asleep. I feel bad we wasted this time but I needed the sleep and so did she.
Katrina made us homemade flour tortillas for dinner. I cooked up some chicken and beans and we enjoyed a yummy meal.
After spending the day asleep we got some energy together and went shopping for Clayton's birthday. I found a great place with books marked down and picked up way too many for his birthday. We stopped at the grocery store and bought Ice Cream and treats for Clayton to eat while he reads. After that it was home to make birthday cake and make sure Kat's flight was ready for tomorrow.
DAY SEVEN
This is it, the last day of Kat's visit. Again I awake wondering how it ended and wishing I could snatch her for a few more years. Fortunately I was feeling bad for her and her cute hubby so I tried to focus on the fact that she was heading home and that was a good place for her to be.
The morning started early (as usual) Clayton woke everyone except Anthony and Katrina. He was insistent upon opening his birthday gift before Kjel went to work. We clamored down the stairs and watched through blurry eyes as he dove into the sack of books and treats. He of course was quite happy with the loot. Kjel left for work and I headed back upstairs to sleep. The kids did their usual computer time and torturing Katrina so I slid over and told her to come back to bed with me. We slept and chatted and begged for the morning to never end. The boys were soon in the room looking for the traditional birthday cake and ice cream for breakfast. I finally convinced my body of moving and we traveled down to the table to sing the song and eat the cake. I wanted to do an entire post on my cute birthday boy. I can't believe he's 11. I really don't think I'm mature enough to have an 11 year old boy.
Hugs and loves and off to the airport. Again it was requested of me to let Kat ride the bus. I couldn't do it. I couldn't say goodbye any sooner than absolutely necessary so we packed up her bags and hopped in the van for a trip to the airport. This time I was feeling especially brave. I was dropping her off curbside. I brought change to pay tolls (my first time ever) and we headed out on our adventure. The travel time was of course too fast and while the adventure was exciting it ended with me at O'hare curbside giving Katrina one last hug and wave. Isaak and I then headed home.
It was wonderful to have my little sis visit. There are so many memories created and laughs and coversations and just moments of time. Thanks for flying all the way out here to our little family. Love you sis!

Everyone always tells me we look the same. I'll take that as a compliment but you all must know she's much prettier than I am.
So the last post was about my dad's name idea for his grandson. It's not happening. I've come up with others but Kjel and I seem to be unable to agree. So far we have Wallace (i already know you hate it, don't comment, just be glad it's not your name). We came up with one this morning that made the list of possible but I can't remember what it was. The kids are dead set on naming him Bernard. I actually like the name but it isn't flying with hubby so we'll pass and let one of them use it.
I am actually very happy having a boy growing inside of me. It's a wonderful blessing.
While I was hiding from blogworld my sister came to visit. Actually my sister came to visit so I hid. I didn't want to waste one second of being with her. It was wonderful to have her visit. I was a terrible big sister when we were growing up. I missed a lot of good years with my little sisters. I've got the rest of my life to fix it but everytime they come around I can't seem to spare a second for anything but making memories, good memories.
DAY ONE
So what did we do?? I'll start with picking her up at the airport. That's right, I drove into Illinois and super woman that I am picked her up at the O'hare airport. Kjel was very much against this. I have a tendency to get lost so he was quite concerned. We had it all worked out for her to take the bus up to our town and I'd pick her up at the stop. I couldn't do it. I couldn't stand the thought of her showing up and me missing out on one second of her trip. So I took to the highways and confusion of traffic. I marveled at myself as I waited in the cell phone lot for her to call and let me know she had landed. I gave her directions on what to ride and where to go to find me. As she stepped off the shuttle I was so amazed to see my littlest sister with baggage in hand. What a blessing.
Our first stop was the grocery store. The one I've been talking up ever since we moved here. I know you're thinking I'm lame but you should have seen her face when we walked down the Spanish goods aisle. They had so many of the items she had been searching for since her return from Ecuador. I was giddy with excitement.
After the grocery store we met Kjel and Isaak back at home for Rosatti's pizza. Don't tell the other kids because as far as they know, they know nothing.
After shoveling pizza into our faces we were off to my ultrasound. I know I'm such a great guide. SO many fun moments in just a few hours. It was wonderful to have my sister there. We called mom and she listened in as the tech shared the news... a boy. We just sat in shock. What are the chances?? I guess pretty good. We have boys.
After the ultrasound we were off to pick up the boys from school. We were a little late but as they saw their Aunt Kiki in the car they seemed to generally forgive us for our tardiness.
At this point it was homework, dinner and late night chatting. After dinner Kat surprised the boys with mugs that had pictures of them with her and Jon. They loved them. We quickly made hot chocolate and enjoyed the warmth of the liquid and the sugary goodness. Kjel was on a scout camp out so we spent the night together in my room. We were both exhausted so we weren't up as late as we should have been.
DAY TWO
Saturday morning and I'm taking Katrina to a primary activity. She was so good to play along like it was going to be fun. Katrina is super cute with kids. Some think it's just her husband that's super cute with kids but long before he came into the picture, Katrina was recognized as the leader in this role. Since her marriage my sons have adopted Jon as the better of two. Please realize it's a guy thing, they have to stick together. So we strapped into the car and off we went to church. Katrina fit in perfect with my CTR5 class. They loved her. She even found some kids from other classes that latched on and wouldn't let go. Good times.
When we arrived home Kjel met us at the door with chocolate chips in his hands and a request for some cookies. He had survived the overnighter but needed some extra loving. We made up some yummy cookies and sat around and talked. I wish I had written this down because I can't remember what else we did. My guess was talked. It never gets old with people you love.
DAY THREE
Our ward starts at 8:30AM. This is early but it makes for a wonderful afternoon so we put our smiles on and work like mad to get out the door. We actually were at church on time. I wanted to impress my sister. I'd hate for her to think that we'd ever be late!! Church was wonderful. I quickly introduced Kat to the missionaries in our ward and a few members I know. The meeting was wonderful and then I parted to perform miracles in primary while she sat back and enjoyed a Sunday School lesson and a trip to Relief Society. I guess a few people know me because when she introduced herself as LeShels sister people generally nodded as if the name was familiar. Sad to say I'm still way behind in getting to know people.
After church we sat around with the kids and played games; Operation, Boggle, Blokus. It was super fun. We even convinced Kjel to join us in Boggle. Usually Sunday afternoon means a nap for me so Katrina has to know she's special because I didn't even sit on my bed.
Katrina also made us some yummy drink from her mission. It tasted a lot like rice pudding without the rice. I have some left over and will be making myself a cup tomorrow.
DAY FOUR
How does it happen? One morning you wake up and find out there is a great event about to make way into your life. The next morning it's halfway done and you find yourself so sad. At this point I was trying to keep a stiff upper lip. After all I had until Thursday and today is only Monday. I kept telling myself to just sit back and enjoy the time not think to the future. This was the day we visited Goodwill. Oh the happy feeling of a good find.
Katrina found some good deals, I found some good deals, even Isaak found a deal.
Here are some pictures of a few of the items. We also bought a hot wheels carrier for Isaak, tags still attached for $4.99, a picture frame for $0.99, shoes for Macie and Carsen to share $1.99, tags still attached, and 3 pair of pants for Isaak.
Tonight arrived and even though we should have gone to bed we decided to stay up and watch a movie. We picked Stranger than Fiction. I did my usually... I pulled my eyes open until the last possible second and then sacked out before the movie was over only to wake up while the final credits were rolling and realize that Katrina had also fallen asleep. We could have backed the movie up but I was quite certain I would probably fall asleep again so we parted and I spent several hours awake in bed.
DAY FIVE
First things first. We backed up our movie and finished it. I cried through the end and came up with all these deep thoughts and interesting ideas. I just cried and cried. It was a wonderful movie. Some of you may have seen it and are trying to figure out why the tears? I just cry because it's what I do.
It was a beautiful day so we packed up our stuff and headed to the beach. Of course we didn't swim. We could however feel the sunshine on us and we played at the park and watched the waves and I dreamed about summertime with kids and mom and a good book hanging out at the beach. I even lost my mind for a second and considered a good run along the beach. What was a thinking?? After the beach I owed Isaak a shake so we stopped at Cold Stone. He of course threw aside his required shake and concocted a delicious flavor of cotton candy and M&M's. I of course went for a cookies and cream shake and Katrina concocted a Marshmallow nilla wafer surprise. I must say hers was quit tasty. Isaak found himself cold from eating his ice cream and even though I had put up a fuss in my mind about the gross combo I was happy to finish up the remaining under the terms of "making sure big brothers didn't find out"
Pause--- my shake was so yummy. It was a mix of sweet cream and Oreo cookies. I just sat at that table and looked outside at the sunshine and inside at the company and new I was surrounded by perfection.
After big boy pickup it was off to home where we did the usual homework, dinner, protect the boys from each other. I then prepped for Activity Days. We were making bread for the sacrament that night and I needed to make sure I had the wheat ready to go. Confusion seemed to mount and I could feel it all getting ready to blow. Kjel didn't make it home in time. I loaded all the kids and my sis in the van, drove to pick up one of the girls, backed out and hit another leaders car picking up the girls I couldn't fit, headed off to the church, slammed some sort of a bread something together with giddy crazy girls, cleaned up, drove everyone home (no car incident this time), tucked the monkeys in bed, and complained to Kjel that I was tired. Katrina looked as though she'd been the one hit by my car but she faked a smile and we decided to stay up late and chat.
After the late night chat poor Kat was missing her hunny. He's a cutey so I can see why. I was in the hall giving and receiving big hugs when I decided she needed a boy to cuddle. I told her to pick one and then realized that one was coming down the hall. I turned to see Nic out of bed and said, "take him" At that exact moment Nic leaned over and threw up in the hall. Maybe he wasn't the best pick?? We cleaned up the mess and finally tucked everyone in around 1 or 2 or something.
DAY SIX
Nic stays home from school and Katrina and I take turns napping. Katrina had been fighting a cold since she arrived and this morning it won. We stayed in our pj's most of the day and took turns falling asleep. I feel bad we wasted this time but I needed the sleep and so did she.
Katrina made us homemade flour tortillas for dinner. I cooked up some chicken and beans and we enjoyed a yummy meal.
After spending the day asleep we got some energy together and went shopping for Clayton's birthday. I found a great place with books marked down and picked up way too many for his birthday. We stopped at the grocery store and bought Ice Cream and treats for Clayton to eat while he reads. After that it was home to make birthday cake and make sure Kat's flight was ready for tomorrow.
DAY SEVEN
This is it, the last day of Kat's visit. Again I awake wondering how it ended and wishing I could snatch her for a few more years. Fortunately I was feeling bad for her and her cute hubby so I tried to focus on the fact that she was heading home and that was a good place for her to be.
The morning started early (as usual) Clayton woke everyone except Anthony and Katrina. He was insistent upon opening his birthday gift before Kjel went to work. We clamored down the stairs and watched through blurry eyes as he dove into the sack of books and treats. He of course was quite happy with the loot. Kjel left for work and I headed back upstairs to sleep. The kids did their usual computer time and torturing Katrina so I slid over and told her to come back to bed with me. We slept and chatted and begged for the morning to never end. The boys were soon in the room looking for the traditional birthday cake and ice cream for breakfast. I finally convinced my body of moving and we traveled down to the table to sing the song and eat the cake. I wanted to do an entire post on my cute birthday boy. I can't believe he's 11. I really don't think I'm mature enough to have an 11 year old boy.
Hugs and loves and off to the airport. Again it was requested of me to let Kat ride the bus. I couldn't do it. I couldn't say goodbye any sooner than absolutely necessary so we packed up her bags and hopped in the van for a trip to the airport. This time I was feeling especially brave. I was dropping her off curbside. I brought change to pay tolls (my first time ever) and we headed out on our adventure. The travel time was of course too fast and while the adventure was exciting it ended with me at O'hare curbside giving Katrina one last hug and wave. Isaak and I then headed home.
It was wonderful to have my little sis visit. There are so many memories created and laughs and coversations and just moments of time. Thanks for flying all the way out here to our little family. Love you sis!

Everyone always tells me we look the same. I'll take that as a compliment but you all must know she's much prettier than I am.