Monday, February 16, 2009

she likes me!!

This morning I was in bed watching the moon disappear from the sky. It was a partial moon. I'm sure it has a special name but I'll just call it partial moon. I made each of the kids come into the room and see it. I guess when others are with me and agree on my entertaining excitement it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
I wasn't interested in pulling myself out of bed this morning but knew that the day had arrived and was expecting my participation. So I drug myself into a partial prayer position (sitting on my bed) and then after proceeding with my usual thanks and begging for help I found myself walking down stairs. I don't really remember getting out of bed but at some point I realized I was headed to the kitchen.
Yesterday, I gorged myself on several sugar items. Gorged is not an exaggeration, although I do exaggerate this is not one of them. Kjel even shut the pantry door on me so I could just sit quietly with my thoughts and food. After some time I felt much better although by evening I was sick to my stomach and doing some serious acid pain. I guess in the end I paid for my moments of joy.
This morning as I arrived downstairs I saw the exercise vid that Cristy sent me. She also sent me a Frommer's book about Chicago. I should have picked up the book and gone for a ride downtown but instead some silly thought decided that a 20 minute work out was in my morning plans.
I started up the DVD and proceeded to exercise. This is a big step because I haven't exercised since long before the pregnancy. I was lost in all the moving and the moments and the problems so I put exercise aside.
The first few minutes were easy and I found myself feeling really good. I can do this. I'm like a super hero pregnant woman. My boys were laughing at the woman's comments and moves. Which I guess in retrospect means they were laughing at my move... interesting.
At one point Denise Austin said "You look great" I almost paused, here was this stick thin woman with NO belly telling me how awesome I look. She was proud of me. Now, so much can be read into this like she's selling a video, she didn't actually see me, countless options. I however took the compliment and actually thought to myself, this woman in front of me is so happy that I'm exercising, she even thinks I look great. Pure bliss. Even typing this makes me feel wonderful inside. I think I'm just going to go with it. I'm not making promises that she'll be talking to me tomorrow or the next day but today I worked out and this kind woman noticed.

I might be delusional. It's okay me, myself and i, we're getting along just fine.