Friday, March 13, 2009

i didn't forget

I'm still working on step 4 -- TRUTH. I've spent some time working through apologies, etc...
I still have a few to go but I came to an interesting understanding through this vid that was sent to me.
The connection is in this statement ... It's none of your business what other people think of you.
Let me explain. As I've been praying and working through this the thought has come to mind that there may be things that I think I need to repair that I do not. I type this hesitantly because I don't want this to be seen as a cop out. Again, I go back to it's not my business what you think of me. I'm working on this. I tend to be a people pleaser. I worry that I've offended or treated someone rude. It's just part of who I am. There are times, in the past, I remember being so childish and saying really stupid and rude things. As I've gone forward with this step and also the next step I've realized that some of these items are not in need of correcting. I'm still not sure how that can be, that I can let some of this go, other than to say that I am moving forward with those items I've been prompted to correct and walking away from those items that are only present to keep me hating myself. As I've prayed I realize that I spend a lot of time worrying about past relationships and mistakes I've made. I don't need to correct things just to make sure that someone likes me. Sometimes I think my intentions are only to please people and to gain their acceptance of me. Again I look at this step with the thought that it isn't my business what other people think of me. Steps 4&5 are important and I want to do it thoroughly. I want to cleanse myself of past impurity so as to move forward with the Lords light and worry only about correcting mistakes I make in the future.