Sunday, April 26, 2009

sunday smiles

Last Sunday I was lazy and didn't dig pictures out of the camera to share. This week I'm starting early because it was sad when I realized that I had left some of our most happy smiles off.
So this week includes smiles from this week and smiles from last.

Last week we did go to Kopps for dinner. The kids loved the food (not the drive) and we all enjoyed Ice Cream. From picture below you will see that there were those that couldn't conquer their entire bowl, thus requiring a certain someone to take one for the team. I was all grins but mostly this picture is being included because you should have seen the smile on hubbies face as he watched the family disposal run.

I can't for the life of me figure out how I've gained all this weight???


Another fun happening is that Clayton has become very interested in cooking. One morning while they kids were out of school Isaak was begging for a real breakfast. You know the kind that doesn't involve a bowl and some cardboard crunchy. I just couldn't bring myself to even get out of bed so I sent him to ask Clayton if he would make him eggs. What an adventure, Clayton making eggs (1st time) down in the kitchen while I lay in bed upstairs and walk him through the process over the speakerphone. The results could have been disastrous but I was to tired to even make my way down the stairs to check on the process. All went well and Isaak had some yummy eggs for breakfast. Below is a picture of Clayton cooking eggs later on in the week.



I've started a garden. Last week I spent a few hours at the Bishops house working with his wife on a garden. Sis. Oldham is a wealth of knowledge and was so much fun to hang out with. She has a wonderful yard and the kids ran around like crazies. I've always wanted a garden, the kind that grows, kind of garden. A few months ago Sis. Oldham made an announcement that she was going to increase her garden just like the prophet said to but because her garden was already much larger than her family of two needs she was wondering if any of us were interested in learning some gardening while spending the summer working in one. It ends up being a win win win for me. I get to learn how to grow food, I get to eat the food that grows and I get to spend time with great people. I'm so excited. YUM!


Saturday evening I got a call from ADI!! Hooray for friends. We chatted for a good amount of time and in the end I hung up the phone with a smile on my face. The conversation was helpful and in her "you better listen to me and do what I say" tone she got me back on track. You know a friend is a keeper when they put you in your place and don't let you dance around the details. Kjel thanks you!


Up close and personal. This pic is looking out my back door. These sweet ducks keep hanging out around our house. It's because we're trying to seed the yard and get the lawn to grow. It's like a duck buffet. I hesitate to complain though because when I saw them so close to my door I smiled and thought, how lucky am I.


Don't you just love mail? I find it to generally bring big smiles to my face. Monday morning I woke up and checked my e-mail and what did I find but this:

Passenger(s):
MY MOMMY

Itinerary
Date Flight Routing Details
Mon Jun 15 1340 Depart Salt Lake City(SLC) at 04:45 PM
Arrive in Denver(DEN) at 06:05 PM

865 Change planes in Denver(DEN) departing at 07:10 PM
Arrive in Chicago (Midway)(MDW) at 10:30 PM
Fri Jul 10 504 Depart Chicago (Midway)(MDW) at 08:00 PM
Arrive in Salt Lake City(SLC) at 10:25 PM

My mommy is coming to visit! Can't wait to see her and show her nothing but the inside of the house and a new grandson. No site seeing while on this trip! Of course she is brave and I'm sure she'll venture out some on her own. I just won't be in tow. LOVE YOU MOM!

Also three packages arrived this week. Two from Gymboree because of Mom. She sent me a couple cute outfits for Milo. She also sent me his going home from the hospital outfit. Tradition states that grandma picks out the going home outfit. It started when Clayton was born and I've loved it ever since.


Last Saturday when Kjel arrived home from camp he brought me three rocks. I collect rocks. That's a lie, I collect little boys and they collect rocks. A few years ago I started putting their "presents" in a bowl in my kitchen. They've stayed there and thus the perfect gift for mom is a rock to add to her collection. The sweet thing with this is Kjel had actually thought of me. I always figure that the minute he walks out the door he moves on. He came home with three rocks in hand and the reasons why he brought each one to me. And you thought flowers would make a girl giddy... nope rocks.


On Monday I decided it was time to get a crib mattress. I'd been watching freecycle and craigslist and I'd seen some appear but I had not been fast enough to get my hands on them. I figured I would need to break down and make the $40 purchase. So I ordered a mattress from Wal-mart. Here's the smile.... On Thursday Katelin took Isaak for a few hours to play. When I arrived she said I noticed you still need a mattress. Sheepishly I said well I do, but I don't because I just broke down and ordered it. Quickly she said I have one you can have. You can take the other one back. Hooray! Free mattress. She also let me dig through some of the cutest maternity clothes. I laughed when she was willing because I KNEW there would be nothing in my curvaceous size. She did have two L-ovely short sleeve tops and one L-ovely skirt though that fit great and brought some turned up corners on my face. THANKS.


Monday afternoon was a trip to get boy haircuts. Usually Kjel just whips out the clippers and takes care of the details. This time I thought I'd try out the salon school down the street. Anthony last minute decided he wanted spikes. You can only imagine the BIG smile on my face when he followed through with it and we got rid of that nasty shag. I wanted to cry though, because they cut his hair so short that you can hardly get any spike. Love the short, wish it had spikes. Time will help on this one. Can't wait until his hair grows and he can really spike it.



Another smile from the week was when I realized I don't have single stretch mark from this pregnancy. You heard it not a single new one. I couldn't find one. I dare you to prove otherwise. Come and check out the tummy and tell me which one is from this pregnancy. Stumped? That's because they're all from past ones. The web of stretch that runs entirely around my waist north to south, east to west is made up from prior pregnancies. Now if that isn't something to smile about I just don't know what is.