Sunday, April 26, 2009

what's that you say??

I think in one of these posts I mentioned I'm having a baby. Well I'm still having a baby. Yesterday the pictures in their truth spooked me. It's been awhile since I've had any pictures taken. Today I am feeling much better about my size. I've done some thinking and two thoughts have come to mind. First, if my baby belly was not so large, my two bumps above would sag to the floor. It's a good thing I have something to hold them up. (Kjel just read this and said it's a little too personal.) He's probably right. But none the less, it's my body and my blog so it's my call. Secondly, I've been working out the figures and considering the break down of where the weight goes. I think I'm doing just fine. I did some research and discovered this:
  • Larger breasts: 1 to 3 pounds
  • Larger uterus: 2 pounds
  • Placenta: 1 1/2 pounds
  • Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
  • Increased blood volume: 3 to 4 pounds
  • Increased fluid volume: 2 to 3 pounds
  • Fat stores: 6 to 8 pounds
  • Baby: 7 to 8 pounds
Now we must take into consideration that I am an above average sister!! You can ask the ladies. I don't do anything in moderation. So I think my weight break down may look more like this.
  • Larger breasts: 9 to 10 pounds (did you read about above mentioned bumps?)
  • Larger uterus: 5 pounds (remember in the beginning they thought I might be having twins?? So I already had a larger uterus, thus of course I put on a few more pounds)
  • Placenta: 3 pounds (Check out baby size, my little guy needs more than a measly 1 1/2 lbs. placenta, this kid needs some food storage.)
  • Amniotic fluid: 4 pounds (I am drinking, remember I keep leaking... from my eyes, and other locations)
  • Increased blood volume: 5 to 6 pounds (takes a lot to make a chubby baby)
  • Increased fluid volume: 4 to 6 pounds (you should have heard me peeing this morning)
  • Fat stores: 10 to 20 pound (let's get real no one only stores 6 pounds of fat. That's a load of crap to make us all feel bad.)
  • Baby: 15 to 20 pounds (someone's got to make up the difference)
So as you can see I'm right on track. I've gained exactly what I should. End of story.
Below are pictures for your viewing pleasure. The good news is I'm feeling very mentally sound. Unlike past pregnancies (don't talk to Kjel about our first, he's still recovering) I've got my humor and my ice cream to keep me going. All is well!