Thursday, August 27, 2009

because you're sitting on the edge of your seats

I know that everyone wants to know what Adi and I did while she was visiting my quaint town of Kenosha. If you want her version you can check out the lies here. It seems some of the trip she was slightly confused as to what really happened. Silly girl!!

THURSDAY morning Adi and Martie landed at O'hare. Super hero, LeShel, drove down to the airport and gracefully picked them up. I only got turned around once at the airport (thanks Busman for helping me fix that quick) and I pulled up to the curb as though I was always meant to be a chauffeur.

Of course the fun started the very instant we locked eyes. The excitement oozed from my pores and I jumped out of the car screaming happiness. I ran around and wrapped my arms around my bud and quickly glanced to see that others were staring. They obviously did not realize how long it had been since we'd seen each other. Silly onlookers!

The drive home was magical as we chatted about all things of NO importance! An important stop at Dunkin Donuts to choose with Luscious flavors would start our trip. When our friendship started 5 years ago Adi taught me of the importance of donuts. Since that time we've made certain to toast each life changing event with donuts. The night before we ran our half marathon we did a midnight run to Krispy Kreme and salivated as we watched the rain of glaze gently cover the round happiness that would soon be presented to our tongues. There were many a training run that afterward found us at the gas station purchasing the delectable raspberry filled powdered donuts. Don't tell our husbands though because as far they are informed we've never made such a run simply because we made quick work of any evidence that could possibly be left behind. Sorry guys, we don't share!!
So of course our trip must include a donut stop. We parked the car and approached the sanctuary. Once inside our souls were filled with joy and overwhelmed by choices. Adi choice of bliss, chocolate cake donut with a chocolate glaze. I went with my standard of a chocolate frosted vanilla creme filled delight. After sinking our teeth into these we carefully divided out the rest. We found new favorites and others that while we would never turn them down they would not be our first choice of ecstasy.

As we drive home I sit with pride in the drivers seat. I know how to get all around Kenosha. I can point out all kinds of wonder for Adi to see. While I'm certain those who have lived here longer than I know MUCH more, I've lived here longer than Adi and I am pretty much the coolest when it comes to knowing my way around town.

Once at home Adi brings out gifts for each of us. Kjel gets Krispy Kreme donuts (told you donuts are important) all the way from Utah. I got an ugly shirt! No offense at this I LOVE ugly things. It's so stinking cute. She gave it to me and at the moment she handed it over she looked at Kjel and said "NO COMMENTS" Kjel laughed, great another ugly shirt for LeShel. Many of you have not seen my collection because it doesn't currently fit me. Others of you know my closet and the great style I have. Hope to soon share it with! She brought games for each of the kids. If you love to play games you would love Adi. If you love Adi you better love to play games!! Before she even saw her room we were on the floor playing a game with the kids. First game was "Tastes like Chicken" Nic loved his game. We then moved on to Phase 10 Dice then Skip Bo (which NO matter what Adi says is NOT a game of luck!!).

Dinner time is approaching and my cupboards are the standard empty. We leave the babies with Kjel and take the kids to Woodmans to top the house off with food for the weekend. I of course show off my grocery store. It brings me such happiness to show people my grocery store. I'm crazy like that.

After dinner we sit up and talk and laugh and play Skip Bo (kicked your butt many times)!!

FRIDAY morning when we finally lift our heads we decide to get pics of the babies together. We ditch everyone but Isaak (poor guy followed us around then finally quite and begged to be dropped off at home) and head to JcPenney.
We then take Clayton to the library (got to keep him busy this weekend somehow) and stop and get pizza for dinner. Kjel insists on sharing Chicago style pizza with visitors. (Sorry Mom, you didn't get any while you were in town, I don't know where I was but you seriously missed out on good hospitality)

We had picked up 7 vids at the library. Sadly, I'm incompetent when it comes to picking out videos so only one was of value. We watched the movie then played more games of SkipBo. I miss playing all the fun games Adi has. Can't wait until November (note to Adi good games are on the itinerary I'm planning on staying up WAY TOO LATE!!)

SATURDAY always means YARD SALES!! Up and ready early our first stop is this rocking yard sale. (for those of you that have read Adi's blog about this trip this is where our perspectives do not coincide, read carefully so as to KNOW the truth) Upon arrival at awesome yard sale we see a jogging stroller. It's an awesome jogging stroller. A lot like the one that Adi brought me. Adi hops out of the van and starts going on and on about how I need a jogging stroller. I laugh... she brought me one. But see the price tag on this beast is only $20. Being from Utah we are both in awe at the idea of a jogging stroller that only costs $20. I mean this thing is in PERFECT condition. We go back and forth. She finally says if you don't buy it I'm going to because I can take it back to Utah and sell it for triple that. Touche. I'm of course NOT going to let her make that kind of money on a stroller. So I swipe it up. She claims in her blog that her stroller wasn't good enough for me... NOT TRUE!! It's just I'm way to selfish! There's no way I can pass up a deal like that. I'll be posting it on Craigslist soon. (Don't tell Adi she's a genius, but she is!)

Before you go feeling sorry for Adi she found a deal on VHS movies. She picked up 16 videos at .25 cents each. I know what you're thinking... "how will she get those home?" How silly to think such preposterous garbage. When you find a deal you don't waste your time worried about details of nonsense... YOU JUMP!!

Off to the Jelly Belly Factory. Yum. Everyone should take the opportunity to be disappointed by our Jelly Belly "Factory" warehouse.(Yes, Treasure I stole the cross out from you, Thanks). I couldn't send Adi home without belly flops for the kids (even the biggest, love you Peter).

After Jelly Belly a stop at ShopKo, just a few things to keep the house running (garbage bags).

Off to our home away from home... Goodwill (in Utah they call it DI). We wander through the racks of charity. I find MANY shirts I'm certain will fit me. We find lots of happy colors and designs. Off to try on our loot. Silly me is not the size I once was and it doesn't matter how many times you pick out that size it still doesn't fit. Good thing I picked out two shirts that were too big or I would not have had anything in my cart that would fit. I could spend an entire day at Goodwill(DI). I love the way it smells of my grandma and the way I can walk away with a heart filled of regalement without blowing the bank.

What do girls do when they need food?? Silly, they stop at Olive Garden for the all you can eat soup, salad and bread stick feast. I haven't eaten Olive Garden in over a year. Thanks for reminding me what a girls night out is all about!!

Home again, home again we finally show our faces back at the place. The kids down an entire bag of Jelly Belly flops and we start in on games again. Later that night an Ice Cream and Donuts run.

I don't know that I mentioned Adi brought her sweet Martie. We loved having our babies with us! We both have babies. SO FUN! That night Matthias did what all guys do and pooped out on the fun. He was found sacked out on the couch while Martie, Adi and I stayed up to play games as long as we could. Martie was so cute. She'd fall asleep for two minutes and then she'd come awake with eyes as wide as quarters and a smile that warmed the house. There was NO way she was missing out on all the good fun.

SUNDAY meant early morning church, did I mention we have church EARLY in the morning? Church starts at 8:30 and when church is more than a neighborhood walk away you have to get up and get moving when you should still be asleep. Kjel gets to attend early morning church meetings so Adi and I got the house ready for the event. Of course I do have four older kids that can get themselves dressed and fed and all that good stuff. So while I've done my best to make your heart ache for me truly I just get myself and the baby ready (change his bum) and we're out the door. We actually made it on time to church. I was SO eager to introduce Adi in RS. However, Martie was obviously helping her mom out with that because she expected to be fed at the beginning of the meeting so no introductions made. Lucky girl. We had a MOST wonderful Sunday School lesson and Sacrament was wonderful. I had a meeting after church and didn't understand how long it would last so poor Adi sat outside with ALL the kids (Kjel had meetings after church too). If I'd known we were going to close the building that night I'd have sent Adi home with the kids and caught a ride with Kjel. When the meeting ended I was most excited to see that the kids had not killed her. Adi made us this delicious lunch, yums.

A trip to the beach and a drive around to show off all the gorgeous architecture in the homes by the beach. I just love the houses down there.

Back home more games, packing bags (sitting on her carry on to zip in all the great finds from the trip) and waving goodbye. Super woman me drives to O'hare without a map. I stay on all the right streets, going the right direction and pull up to the curb to drop off my precious cargo.

Saying goodbye was not easy. The kids spent much of the rest of the evening asking me if I was okay. I was okay. I didn't even cry. My heart did a little but outwardly there were no signs. I just kept thinking all I can feel is blessed. If Adi had not left she would have never come and I wouldn't have spent all the time I did with her. Was I sad?? Of course, I just was also SO happy that I got to be with her I couldn't let the sadness be the way the trip ended.

So those of you who made it to the end of this post (Adi and Mom) you really do need to find something to do with your life :)