When was the last time you saw a children's movie and walked away with insight on life? For me this happens often. I realize it says something about my intelligence but I must share 3 quotes from the 1 hour 33 minutes that changed my life.
"When she was younger everyone thought she was a musical genius, a brilliant pianist, and she believed them. But now that she became a grown-up she wasn't so sure. I don't know why grown-ups don't believe what they did when they were kids. I mean aren't they supposed to be smarter?"
Why is it that as children our esteem of ourself is SO tremendously high that we are completely untouchable. Not only are we untouchable but we KNOW without a doubt the world is ours to conquer. We are so completely capable nothing has power to overtake our abilities. The world then crushes our soul and leaves us feeling worthless and inadequate. So smart are we that we are left with disgust in what we see and malice toward all that we touch. No longer able to see ability and sparkle.
"What's behind me, is a toy store, it is a big one, it is a weird one, but it is just a toy store."
"I knew it as soon as I saw that suit."
"Knew what?"
"You're a Just guy."
"What's a Just guy?"
"A guy just like you, same hair, same suit, same shoes. Walks around, no matter what he thinks it's just a store, this is just a bench, it's just a tree, it's just what it is, nothing more."
"This IS just a store."
"I'm sure to you it is."
Nothing is JUST. Everything has within it truth and knowledge for us to experience and gain. This was not JUST a kids movie for me this was a transcendent opportunity to feel emotion and gain new truth.
"And then every time I read those two words I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad but not because of the words, "He Dies," but because of the life we saw prior to the words. I've lived all 5 of my acts Mahoney and I'm not asking you to be happy that I must go. I'm only asking that you turn the page, continue reading and let the next story begin."
This quote from the movie touches me and speaks truth to my experiences with missing loved ones.
So much to consider and all because today we threw aside all responsibility and spent 1 hour 33 minutes watching a kids movie.