Monday, September 14, 2009

consider yourself warned

I've been working hard this week to embarrass myself. Not intentionally, but obviously I needed to be knocked down several notches on the humility ladder.

Saturday, I took Isaak to Walmart. While shopping I felt my milk come in. No worries except I didn't have any nursing pads in and I leaked, leaving behind 2 beautiful rings of wet for all to see. I stood in the aisle wondering what to do and finally came to the conclusion that my notebook if angled just right would nicely cover the obvious. This allowed me to finish shopping and not get too many people checking out the twins.

This morning a trip to the grocery store proved to be another chance to whip me. I was standing in the produce aisle, chatting on my cell phone when a kind elderly lady leaned over to me and said, "you've got stains on your butt." WHAT!! My first thought was, hooray my period has started... it's about time!! So I headed off to the bathroom only to find some nasty dark stain that looked like I had pooed! After considerations on how to approach this I decided it was my lucky day. I flipped my skirt around and went on with grocery shopping. I knew that if I went home and changed I wouldn't go back and the kids would bond together and tie me up out back and flog me if there wasn't food in the house when they got home.

But in case the butt stain wasn't enough while traipsing through the store my milk came in!! HOORAY that I can make milk. I seriously need to buy more of those expensive nursing pads. Fortunately, baby was in the front pack and there was nothing to see, the view was hidden.

I'm just letting everyone know that hanging out with me could really mess you up with the popular kids!