Sunday, September 06, 2009

sunday smiles

So many smiles this week.

First off, everyone needs to be hush hush about this one. I could get in big trouble for sharing. Friday night Isaak came in with a look of concern. Interestingly, he had a bout of bladder trouble while jumping on the trampoline. Just a little tinkle problem (if you know what I mean). I directed him on how to get things back to normal and as he left the room I couldn't help but smile.... like mother like son, I also have bladder problems when I jump on the trampoline.

Before school began a few trips to Goodwill brought smiles to my face. I needed to outfit 4 boys 4 school and not 4-get the budget.

Big smiles that with the help of others charity I was able to outfit the boys for less than $110. SMILING!!

Tuesday morning the older boys ditched Matthias and me. After the sadness washed away and I allowed the stillness to enter I couldn't help but smile and be thankful I had my little guy at home with me. He's a super cutie and just looking at him (day or night) brings smiles. I must relish this because in the past newborns have only brought me crazy thoughts. This time smiles.

I think Matthias liked the alone time.

On Wednesday at precisely 10:40 I smiled. The phone rang at 10:36 and I did my usual stressing out about answering it. Why am I scared to answer the phone? With great bravery I picked the phone up and was greeted with a smiling voice asking me if I'd like to go on a walk. I spent an hour with Cara and her little guy Collin discovering the world through his sweet 3 year old eyes. You can't beat an entire hour of smiles.

More wildlife in our backyard. Smiles on Friday when Clayton brought me this...

a TOAD.

Monday night the kids packed their own lunches. Isaak and Nic wanted "ants on a log". I smiled when Isaak showed me his packed up. It's good he's headed to K. Maybe he'll catch a lesson on sizes.



IN honor of the BIG GAME Saturday night Kjel decked Matthias out and helped him with his first HAKA.


I smiled as Kjel walked out the door on Saturday night to watch the BIG GAME at a buddies house (kjel has friends) and YES he is still rooting for the Cougs!!

Wednesday Isaak brought me a gift. He'd been saving it for me. With great excitement he presented me with this...

thanks for the juice pouch straw. BIG SMILES.

Saturday afternoon Clayton and Matthias spent some time loving each other.



I mentioned the kids pack their own lunches. I couldn't keep the smile to myself when I opened the fridge and saw this...

When Clayton was done retrieving his wanted portion of the meat from this can he followed my directions and put it in a container. I had meant put the chicken in the container but the can of chicken in the container works too.

Last Sunday I pulled this shirt out. It's the "ugly" shirt that Adi gave me. I was worried that after I washed it, it would no longer fit. Big SMILES because it fit!!



I smiled as I sat at a Baptism this Saturday. A sweet girl in our ward was baptized. It was beautiful to see the support of ward members. I had to smile as I looked around the room and knew that we are supposed to be here and it's a happy thing.

I smiled this week as I sat with an older lady in our ward and chatted. She's a beautiful woman and it was an honor to spend time in her company.

I smiled as I ate tomato's grown from the garden... DELISH and if the tomato's weren't enough Kjel made his salsa that rips my stomach to pieces but instantly creates smiles of yummy on my face.

I smiled when I saw Clayton after his first day of Middle School. SO happy.

I smiled as I typed this and the kids counted up how many times they "made it" on Sunday smiles.

In honor of Kjel (because truly i care not) I smiled when I saw this.