Sunday, October 24, 2010

sunday smiles 10/24

This week is double because last week I didn't post.

A little honesty. Last Sunday I was really struggling. Just a rough mental day. I couldn't bring myself to post on the blog so I sat on the couch and sulked. It's all good. I woke up Monday morning with a much better outlook. Smiles for Kjel because he understands that some days I just need a blanket and a soft place to land.

I did have a short break in my glum on Sunday when I smiled and cried and laughed as the Primary Children presented to us all that they had learned this year. I always find such joy and testimony affirming witness of truth when we are blessed by their spirits.

I smiled when I was reprimanding the boys and made a major oops. I should have said, "I've heard you guys fighting!" However, I said, "I've heard you guys farting." If that doesn't change the direction of a chew out....

I smiled when Matthias went to Kids care at the Y and I was able to work out. He's not fond of anyone that isn't mommy so dropping off with strangers leaves him quite angry. He displays this by crying relentlessly.

The song of the week is Songbird by Jillian Edwards.
My sister shared it with me while I was visiting her this week. I listened to it and cried as I watched my nieces dancing. What an honor to spend so many hours with beautiful children. I love the words and I've officially decided when I grow up I want to be a songbird.

I smiled from October 15th at 7:00Pm until October 18th at 1:00PM. A wonderful visit from my dad will instantly bring the world a smile. While Grandpa was in town Matthias would do this cute shy gesture each time they came in contact.
When Grandpa showed up at our house his arms were full of treats. I smiled as I watched this cutie work on this cookie.


Last night when I went to do the final tuck in of boys I found Matthias had climbed in bed with Isaak. Such a smile to see brothers loving each other.

Playing on a teeter totter is definitely a smile. It's been too long since I had me some fun on one of these.

I love pumpkin picking. Smiles for Fall and the great fun it brings. Here's a pic of the boys at a pumpkin patch. I found myself disappointed because the pumpkins were already picked. The price started at $5 and went up from there.




When I found out we didn't even get to pick the pumpkins I decided that we could go to the grocery store and "pick" pumpkins and pay a lot less. So I smiled as I took pictures at the grocery store of my boys choosing their 2010 Halloween pumpkin.
 I knew I'd get this grumpy face when I suggested a trip to the grocery store for pumpkin purchase. He was worried that we were next going to carve the pumpkins. It's a smile because he and I have each other pegged!

When I saw this book I smiled. The idea of lowering my brain age seemed a little silly. As if I want my brain to be that of a two year old?


Last week was parent teacher conferences and I was taken aback each time the teachers called my boy Tony. I did smile when I saw something Tony made for his science teacher.

And I smiled when I discovered that Tony started a club at school. I saw this sign on a wall at the school and got all excited and pointed out to him that he'd love to join this club. He laughed and said, "I started that club." It's a good thing I'm one of those mom's that keeps such a close eye on what my kids are doing.


I've been busy decorating our house. It's starting to look more like a home. I smiled when I returned from a trip to purchase a rug and in the middle of the floor lay a much better decorating option.


I smiled when I saw this poster at the store. I SOOOO get this!


One evening I went to cook up something yummy and found that someone had already started a meal in my pan. Gotta love those lego's
 

Nic is a collector. I'm coming to terms with constantly finding junk treasures in his pockets. I smiled though when I saw this pocketful. Little boy pockets are definitely a smile when you empty them before they go through the wash.


Isaak is getting a warm blanket for his birthday. I smiled when Matthias sat down to help me do some pinning.


Finding jelly bracelets at the store is a blast from the past smile.

 I am seriously spoiled rotten in SO many ways. This last week I got to see my sister's family. This brought lots of smiles.

smiles because we're flying!

smiles for a flight that's nearly empty so we can stretch out
 

smiles because we found a comfy chair during our LONG layover
SMILES! I found the yummy place that I bought a yummy bagel last time I sat in the Baltimore airport, waiting for my flight to see Amy.

i Love me some good people watching. I smiled as I watched these two ladies at the airport have a conversation. Hooray for making friends.

Stepping off at my final stop and seeing this is a JOYOUS smile.



Do you have a cute nephew?? I sure do!


My sister has a pencil sharpener at her house. I want one like this at my place. Do you remember standing in line to sharpen your pencil? Or breaking your pencil lead so you could get up and walk past the cute guy in school and sharpen your pencil? Smiles for fun memories!

Carsen feeding Matthias Ice Cream! SMiLeS for fun with cousins!

 I found this note while I was spending time with little girls. I couldn't help but smile because girls are VERY different than boys. Gotta love that the keep out note ends with such kind words.

There were many times I got to watch Matthias playing with Maxson. Smiles for watching my baby with my sisters baby.

Spending a week doing girl stuff and having NO responsibility will always bring me a smile. 

Things like PINK MONEY

And a very pink fort play house and making salad out of trees

brushing my teeth with watermelon toothpaste

dance class with jazz shoes and pink ballet slippers and skirts. I miss dance class!!!!


spending all day long getting my hair brushed and styled

Easy Bake Oven fun. I've never used an Easy Bake Oven

staring at the American Girl Doll catalog and choosing our favorites. dreaming about owning something so wonderful. watching Barbie movies. singing songs from Mary Poppins. asking me which color of hair band matches best with their clothing. changing clothes multiple times per day.

We had a wonderful trip! 

I smiled as I watched cute kids eating lunch together.


I love you my girls and now a boy!

Seeing this brought me a BIG smile! I missed my family so much. It was a toss up between wanting so bad to be home and wishing I'd never leave Virginia. Smiles for getting to visit and having such a wonderful time I wanted to stay FOREVER!

I smiled as I purchased the last piece of fabric I need for my curtains. I'm almost done.

One final smile this week because while I was typing these, little guy got himself a smile because he didn't get caught making a mess until he had finished!