Saturday, February 12, 2011

a teenager at our house

I am now a mom to a teenager. I don't know how that happened though because last time I checked I was a teenager! (okay, i guess not really but i was one yesterday or a few years ago)

Clayton is 13! For his birthday he decided to go with cash. He's working on saving money for Scout Camp this Summer and he decided to forgo presents in lieu of cash. Way too responsible for me. We started celebrating this morning with cake and ice cream.

Clayton refused to have candles in his cake. Some nonsense about wax messing up the flavor of his cake. I completely agree with him but insisted that he must blow out candles so we stuck them in ice cream. He refused to eat this ice cream due to wax contamination. Don't worry we have plenty of ice cream lovers and this did not go to waste.


Making money can be easy. Just have a birthday!

awaiting breakfast cake and ice cream

Chocolate cake with a cream filling and chocolate ganache on top. 
He was in heaven. If I remember right he said it was better than Heaven.


Yesterday the USPS provided Clayton with more birthday surprises. He got two birthday cards, a Popular Science magazine and his report card. I know for most the report card wouldn't have been an exciting present but for Clayton it's the topping on the cake. He, of course, did fantastic. Go Mr. 4.0!


It is a joy to be Clayton's Mom. I feel totally spoiled.