Sunday, May 15, 2011

Smiles 5/15

I've mentioned before that we have great neighbors. I don't think I could say enough about what wonderful people they are. Isaak really likes spending time with Rich. Rich happens to be the dad. I smiled as I watched Isaak playing catch with Rich. Kjel laughed and said, 'looks like Isaak has a surrogate dad.' I think we may need to give him a present this father's day. Later that evening Isaak was back outside and must have sweet talked Rich into letting him play with his dog. Let me tell you about this great dog. Small, gentle, fluffy, white, calm, animal. I'm not sure I'd let Isaak anywhere near. Rich let them play and run all over the backyard. I smiled as Anthony looked out the window and said, 'Oh, so sweet. They grow up so slow.' I of course was thinking they grow up so fast, but leave it to Anthony to twist it and make it into a joke. Smiles.

Right now everywhere I go I see these beautiful flowers. My dear cousin once taught me about these flowers and their strength and ability to grow anywhere. Give them tough situations and they will still flourish. Some see them as a nuisance. I see them as an example of strength and fortitude.
Smiles for my cousin being everywhere I go.

Clayton brings me smiles each morning that he plays the piano. I love listening to him play through classical songs and also spiritual music. I love the feeling the music brings to our home.

This is one crazy smile. Kjel has not been acting like himself lately. Seriously. Yesterday he sent me a text message with smiley faces in it. I think I might be ruining his stern, grumpy bear personality. This is a picture Kjel took, without me asking, without me saying anything. This is a picture of the speedometer (smile for Katrina pointing out my mistake) odometer in our van when it hit 44444. Kjel's not usually the one that documents such silliness. Smiles!

I smiled when Kjel bought me a ring. Years ago the diamond in my wedding ring fell out and since that time I've not worn my ring. Friday night Kjel took me to this special place and picked out a simple silver band. Honestly, we needed plastic sandwich bags at Target and as we walked past the jewelry counter I did my usual quick check for what I've been looking for and this time I found it. I will forever remember the first scenario as what happened though. I smile every time I look down at my hand. You are all welcome to puke now. I know that's cheesy.

Smiles for this guy wanting out the door! He loves putting on shoes. It's his attempt at letting us know he wants to be outside. I smiled when he snatched up Nic's shoes and instead of Nic complaining he just added his backpack and was absolutely willing to send Matthias to school in his place.

I've been reading the talks from General Conference. I smiled when this one plopped down with his own magazine.

I smiled while I was driving. I saw a man in his car blowing a huge bubble with his gum. It just made me feel happy and silly and I couldn't help but smile.

Smiles for Nic begging to wear a suit to church. Smiles as he walked out the door in a suit just a little not quite his size. He'll grow into it though.

I smiled as I spent time working in the yard. I love being outside in nice weather.

Smiles for insomnia that is not wasted. I had a couple of good thoughts this week while I couldn't sleep. Hooray for insomnia not just being pointless.