Sunday, May 29, 2011

sunday smiles 5/29

This morning I'm smiling because Matthias is breathing well and we made it through a week of crazy stuff to do. It's been a fun week but a busy week.

While we were driving home from buying a birthday gift for Anthony's friend Isaak got on the topic of how much do things cost. This quickly led into him requesting the price point if I were to sell him. Of course I've already figured that amount out. I share with him I'd sell him for 40 bajillion, kazillion, samillion, infinity dollars. Anthony, with his quick wit, let it be known that none of those amounts were real so Isaak costs nothing.Anthony constant joking is a smile.

While I was driving I saw a street sign that brought me smiles. While I was in Utah I spent some time living near Sunnyside Avenue. I didn't know it but Kenosha has a Sunnyside Avenue too.

This week Matthias has upped his speaking skills. My biggest smile of the week came when I said to Matthias, "I love you," and he replied "I wub ew." He wubs me!

Saturday night I attended a wedding reception. I left the boys at home to fend for themselves. When I arrived back I smiled to see my angel holding my other angel.

Isaak is Mr. Super Reader lately. One night he was reading to me. It was getting late and we were already past bedtime so I said we needed to stop. He wanted to make sure we saved his place. Instead of opting for a bookmark he requested we write the page number down, on my hand. Smiles, every time I saw my hand I had to smile.

This one asleep in my bed is a smile. 

I smiled when I fixed my curtains. The rod was falling off the wall so I went to a hardware store, discussed options with an employee and then went home and got to work fixing the problem. 

I just love when Matthias walks around in his diaper. He loves trying on everyone's shoes. This day he picked Anthony's basketball shoes. Smile.

This week I spent some time snuggling Nic. I just love when I get one on one time with my kiddo's. Nic is a sweetie and I'm spoiled to have him in my family.

Anthony helped me with some artwork for our primary activity. It was late at night when we finally got around to the project. Just watching him and his creativity brought me smiles.

Isaak helped me with the lawn this week. Every time I see him pushing the lawn mower I smile. Isaak is a physically strong kid. He can really work hard.

I smiled as I picked Clayton up from school this week. I checked him out for a few hours so he could sluff. Every year the PE department puts together a carnival for all the kids that have dressed for class every day. This year Clayton didn't dress twice. No carnival for him. Normally I'd say, life is tough, sorry. This time though, Clayton had a very valid reason. I had purchased for him shorts for PE. The two days he didn't dress were because they were going outside and his legs would have been very cold. I'm sure he could have toughed it and worn his shorts but I understand why he didn't. So instead of forcing him to sit back and watch some dumb movie or waste his time while everyone else had fun I picked him up and we got pizza together. Smiles for time spent with my boy.

Saturday night I slept all night long. That's a smile!!