Thursday, June 02, 2011

an assortment

I've been sick. Thankfully, I can use the word been. It's past tense which means OVER! I've never been so violently ill. I'm sure it wasn't nearly as bad as I make it sound but I rarely get negative intestinal experiences. Fortunately, for me everything seems to flow as it should.
Monday afternoon my body started to show signs of a possible problem. I spent all day Tuesday swearing I would never eat again. I made Clayton sluff school on Tuesday to help with Matthias.
Anthony took a turn sluffing on Wednesday. Wednesday morning I knew I needed to work toward re-hydrating and also start to bring some food into my system. I couldn't bring myself to eat any food. I was so scared of what might happen. I've NEVER in my life been afraid to eat! About mid-day I put half a piece of toast into my system. I felt my stomach grumble. I was uncertain if it was a welcome grumble or an angry rant so I discontinued food input. I slowly sipped some Gatorade throughout the day. By afternoon I was nearly feeling normal. Still deathly afraid to eat. The kids ate ice cream in front of me and not once did I request or even think to lick any. Wednesday evening I ate three bites of plain oatmeal and two bites of banana. I was stuffed or not. I can't really tell my stomach is grumbling but I'm not sure what it's telling me. By end of day I did finish off my 32 ounces of Gatorade. Hooray! One step closer to hydrating.
Today's goal is to get fully hydrated and to eat a few small meals. This morning I ate a little more oatmeal with banana. The only person disappointed I'm feeling better is Isaak. He had decided he was going to take the third shift and stay home with me today. He was furious he didn't get a day off.

People around me are moving. It feels really sad. I don't like moving. I think it's mean that we get to know people and they become a part of us only to be ripped away, either because we have to move or they have to move. Just mean.

Kjel's step-Dad is starting his stem cell transplant today. He's really on my mind. He's on my mind and so is Kjel's Mom. So much for her... so much for him... So much..

Yesterday, we took care of Kjel's Father's Day gift. The kids think he's getting messed over but I assured them we'd also make him bacon for breakfast and he'd be happy! Silly boys.

Clayton got his braces off. That's a smile. I'll share a picture on Sunday with everyone.

I'm registering Isaak and Tony (Anthony) for football. I'm so excited to watch them play. We're going full on tackle style this go round and I can't wait for some blood. Not, serious, dangerous blood, but if I'm going to pay through the nose for this I better get my money's worth. I want to see these boys play hard!

I'm hoping I can convince Kjel to take the boys to the Father's Sons camp out. NOT just because it would be nice to have that evening off, just me and Matthias but because it might actually be fun, or at least the pictures he takes would make it look like it was fun.

w23errrheka;do93e;45;lADS;OBJ9SJ9sa;'f  (the prior information is an addition from Matthias)