Monday, June 06, 2011

sunday smiles 6/5

I smiled as I waited in the cell phone parking lot at the airport. Kjel has been gone for three weeks and he was finally arriving back home! I smiled as I picked him up curbside! I smiled as I drove home with him. I smiled as we snuggled in bed together.

I smiled on my way to the airport because there were fireworks going off all around me. I'm not sure what the occasion was but I have my own theory that the entire city was happy with Kjel's return!

I smiled Monday morning when the kids and I went hiking, more like a walk through some heavily mosquito infested trees and shrubbery, but I'll take what I can get in Kenosha.

I smiled when Clayton got his braces off! Such a handsome boy.

My boys are definitely monkeys and I smiled as I snapped this proof.

I smiled when Gatorade and I settled our differences.

I smiled when I realized I was getting paid to do the laundry!

Anthony pointed this out, slip/fall, and he and I quickly thought of Brian Reagan and laughed our guts out.

I smiled when I saw Nic's socks rolled.

I smiled as I watched this one sleep holding on to his train.

I smiled when the man at Pita Shack hooked Matthias up with some delicious ice cream for free. I let Matthias walk around with a messy face most of the day just because seeing an ice cream face always makes me smile and think of summer time.

I smiled as I watched Isaak and Anthony play football together. Isaak is one tough kid. Anthony knocked him down MANY times and Isaak would just pop back up ready to run again. Isaak did once get a little creative in his ways of getting Anthony down (PENALTY) but what do you when you're the 1st grader against the 6th grader?

I made my first quilt! I didn't take a picture of it but I made it and I LOVED IT! I can't tell you how much fun it was to design it and sew it and see the finished product. Um, I think I'm addicted!