Sunday, June 12, 2011

sunday smiles 6/12

I smiled while I watched Anthony play his final basketball intramural game.

I smiled watching these boys cheering for their brother. Isaak was there too and you can bet he was also cheering. In fact, he was too busy cheering for me to take a pic of him. I smiled that I checked the kids out of school to be present at the game. I loved that I bucked the system for some family time.

My grandpa made my cousins kids yearbook. Grandpa plays his trumpet each year at their Veterans Day celebration. I love that this year he made the yearbook. Smiles for my grandpa in the yearbook standing next to my cousins son.

I smiled when I found my pants. I know this seems so odd but I currently have two pair of pants that fit me, so when this pair went missing I was in a bit of a conundrum. Kjel accidentally packed them and took them on vacation with him. Lesson learned, I should not be doing laundry on my bed while Kjel is using the bed to pack for a trip! Smiles for wardrobe options.

I smiled when I looked up and realized that summer has finally hit us! Look at this temperature. I smiled again when I realized that my windows in my van were not unrolled. This year we have AC! It's been MANY years since we could enjoy the simplicity of flipping a switch in the van and feeling coolness surround us. Smiles for AC.

I smiled when I did some running this week. During my workouts this week I've smiled because I can tell my body is getting stronger. Smiles for making progress.

I picked Kjel up early from work on Friday. That's a smile.

I made cookies this week and did not eat any batter or a single cookie. This surmounts to obtaining the impossible. For me this CANNOT be done. But I did it!
Speaking of cookies, I made these Friday afternoon and when Nic walked in from school he was ecstatic by how wonderful the house smelled. I smiled when he commented, "The house smells wonderful!"

I smiled as I signed Clayton up for WIVA. Clayton will be attending school online next year and I am so excited! Smiles for opportunities available.

I smiled as I watched the fan in our room spin. Kjel installed a fan in our bedroom!

I got a package this week that brought me smiles. It arrived on Monday but just seeing the box in my house was smiles enough to go on for a few days. I didn't want to unwrap the smiles all at once. A few days later I finally opened the box and spent a little bit of time looking at the pieces. Kjel's mom sent me her serger. I can't believe I own a serger! Thanks Martha! I am eager and intimidated to use the machine. My first project to complete is summer pj bottoms for the boys and then I'm moving on to something bigger. I have a quilt project on my mind. I just need to be brave.