Sunday, September 04, 2011

sunday smiles 9/4

Sometimes it's just the random things of life that bring me smiles.
I smiled when I saw that my stairs had become a landing area for all paper airplanes. Smiling about this made me think of what it would be like if you could land a real plane on my stairs.

Seeing this sweatshirt at my Target brought me a smile. I'm not sure who in WI is going to buy this shirt but hey, worth a try?

This guy feeding himself breakfast brings me smiles. Throughout the day I can't help but smile when I'm working with my kids. I'm spoiled rotten, that's why my house always stinks.

I smiled as I watched Kjel watch THE game in his own living room. I smiled as I listened to Anthony and his friend razz each other about the game. I smiled as I watched Kjel send out text messages to his brother and his friend. I smiled when Kjel did a little jig when the cougs pulled off the win.

I smiled as I watched Matthias decide whether or not he should take this flag from the neighbors yard. He assessed the situation, he walked around the flag multiple times. I watched him place his fingers around the pole and then let go and then finally went in for the kill and finished the deed. He was quite proud of his bravery. I figured the neighbors wouldn't mind him removing the fertilizer flag from a couple weeks ago.

Kjel and I went out for breakfast Saturday morning. I smiled as I sat with him and chatted. I smiled as I thought of our built in babysitters. I smiled as I thanked him for taking good care of me. I'm difficult to live with but somehow he keeps getting up the courage to stick it out and every night comes home from work. Thanks.

I love campfires. I loved that I got to eat yummy peanut butter cup smores while I chatted with friends and enjoyed this campfire. Smiles for food, fire, friends and fun.

Look, he reads to himself-- that's a smile.

I went to Anthony's game on Tuesday. Super fun! Super smile! He's number 48.
 
Just thinking about Isaak playing this Saturday brings a smile to my face. I can't wait to watch him out on the field.

The day before school started I took the kids to see a replica of the Nina and the Pinta. It was absolutely fascinating to me. The ships were made by hand. If they pull up to a dock near you, I suggest taking a look. Totally worth it.

I took this picture of the boys in front of the ship and it wasn't until I got home that I realized the kid on the far left isn't mine. No worries, he is a friend of ours so I didn't completely freak the kid out.

Clayton and Nic with Matthias found a spot to chill for a minute while we were at the dock.


I smiled when Isaak woke up Thursday morning and busted through everything so he could get to school. He spent all week convincing me he did not want to start but come that morning he was ready and could hardly wait to get out the door.

Remember how I smile at random stuff. I smiled when I came down stairs from taking care of some stuff in my bedroom. I looked at this dishwasher and remembered I had started unloading it before I went upstairs. I have a tendency to get easily distracted and I couldn't help but smile at myself when the proof was staring me in the face.

Anthony took a cleat to the inside of his mouth. How cool is that? I cringed when I saw the gash but I smiled as I thought about the cool story he gets to tell everyone.

Nic came downstairs on his second day of school looking so handsome I wished he would have worn this the first day, then I would have had great first day of school pics. While Nic was at home on Friday every time I looked at him I smiled.

It rained. I love rain. Rain brings smiles to my face. I like that it's starting to cool off. It's not cold, it's not hot, it's just right.

I smiled when I saw this bottle of hairspray at the store. This is the hairspray my Dad used the entire time I was living at home. I don't know if he still uses this stuff but I will forever think of him when I see Mink.

I smiled when Thursday morning I kept my two oldest boys home with me. I know we're only two days into this but so far I'm LOVING their new school. I love that I get to watch them learn. I love that we're together and I love that they can move through the easy stuff and then focus in on the more difficult areas. I love that Clayton is busting through the classes and Anthony is pacing himself so as to make sure he doesn't have to do extra classes.
 Did I mention that I love having them home with me?

Clayton came up with the most hilarious saying. We're sticking it on a t-shirt and I think we're going to have to start selling them. When I've got one made I'll post it here. Such a cute boy.