First smile of the week was a text message conversation I had with Kjel.
K: Why does my bosses voice annoy me so much?
Me: Because you're intolerant.
K: I've never been so accurately depicted before, have I told you that I love you lately? ;-)
This budding artist brought me smiles. Clayton and Anthony did some watercolor painting for school this week. I loved that little guy jumped right in and of course took his art rather seriously.
I had some errands to run and Clayton had a few books on hold. I dropped him at the library and then sat in the van and worked on a few things. I smiled a huge smile when I saw this walking out of the library.
Saturday night I set aside a handful of Reese's peanut butter cups. I knew I wanted to mix them with some ice cream I had in the freezer but I didn't want the kids to see because I didn't want to share. Sunday afternoon I went looking for the PB cups and alas they were gone. I chalked it up to me being forgetful about where I set them. Well, come to find out a cute boy of mine and his friend had found my stash and helped themselves. I was a tad distraught because I had actually spent that night dreaming about my treat. I tried my best to move on but the flavor was in my mind and I knew there would be no stopping until I got this piece of heaven. Well, later in the evening I found one last PB cup that was hidden elsewhere in the pantry. I was overjoyed because I knew I had hid the PB cup and I knew that the last few bites of ice cream were going to be mine! I smiled as I quietly left the crowd and ate this yummy treat!
Isaak has finally started football season. We were more than ready to watch this kiddo out on the field. It was an exciting morning. I was smiling so big my cheeks hurt. We were a little disappointed when we found out that Saturday was instructional. We were certain we were headed to watch him take kids down. I'm hoping that he'll get to play in a real game. By the end of practice he let us know he wanted to go back to the YMCA where he got to play games. We were smiling though as we watched him on the field.
While my sister was in town, in March, her cute daughter wrote on my calendar. I remember watching her do it and I remember thinking that when I got to the date she wrote on I'd smile so big and be so happy. I was right. This is definitely a smile.
Check out the temp on the thermostat. 67 degrees with windows open is totally a smile. I'm so glad for the cool fall weather.
Last night I dreamed I was in Utah on vacay. I spent time with some great people. It was fun. I smiled when I woke up and realized I'd had such a nice visit.
Watching these two put the bike back together is big smiles. I love watching my husband working with his boys.
I watched and listened to a screen door slam. I couldn't help but smile because it sounded just like my grandparents cabin screen door. Screen doors slamming will always make me think of Fish Lake. Fish Lake is a smile.
Seeing my boys at home all week long has brought me more smiles than any person deserves. I LOVE having Clayton and Anthony at home doing school. It's such a joy for me to work with them and spend time with them. I feel like the world opened up and dropped a fabulous gift on my door step.
This picture is another smile because Anthony is in his football jersey. The night before the team got a win and Anthony loved the moment so he wore his shirt the next day.
The Cougs didn't win this week but I still smiled as I watched Kjel and Anthony watch the game. I'm glad we get to watch the games together now. I think we'll order cable every year for football season.






