Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bucket List

I LOVE DRUMS!
I'm not talking about your crazy rocker drums. While I'm impressed with their skill the noise is just painful. I go more for a tree hugging, pot smoking, drum circle kind of sound. I'm not saying the pot smoking is needed for a good sound. I'm just using this to help with the description. Anyhow...

One day I'm going to learn to play the drums. I'm adding it to the list. I've got a couple of inspirations for wanting to do this. One is my time spent at the University of Utah in the Modern Dance department. We always danced to live music and usually there were drums involved. I still remember moving across the floor while hearing and feeling the drums. Such passion. Such emotion.

I also really LOVE the song Obvious Child from Paul Simon. I especially like the drumming. I love the rhythms and how my mind gets caught up in the beat and it takes me away.