Anthony found a 9 volt battery (square kind) in the cupboard and immediately stuck it to his tongue. I had to have in on that action so I stuck my tongue out and he sent the battery my direction. After my quick shock we both laughed. He asked me where I'd learned that trick and I smiled and said, "That's the kind of stuff my big brother taught me." I love thinking about my brother, it always brings me smiles.
Watching football games with players I know is totally a smile. Win, lose, no score kept - I don't care. I just love to see these kiddo's running on the field, covered in sweat, smiles as wide as the Grand Canyon. You'd think they were playing the Super Bowl each week. I'm thinking on the final week I'll have to present them with a Super Bowl Ringpop!
You know that stack of books Clayton picked up from the library? He's completed the entire set and a couple other books that weren't in the stack. That boy is such a cutie. Watching him constantly reading is absolutely a smile.
Isaak's school teacher brought me smiles. I still can't believe she's willing to tutor Isaak after school. His first day was last Friday and you should have seen his smile. He had a great time reading with his teacher. I smiled.
Last Saturday we went apple picking with some friends from church. Wisconsin takes apple picking seriously and we knew we were in for a good time when we hit this back up of cars 2 miles from the entrance to the place. The first day of Honeycrisp apple picking at any orchard is always a little packed. I'll tell you, these apples are worth the wait and we've loved every single bite.
This picture makes me giggle because Clayton was trying to dodge the camera but his buddy helped me out and kept him the picture.
Kjel even had a great day!
After picking apples it's important to stop and get Apple Donuts. These are the most amazing donuts you'll ever eat. I loved watching little guy go in for his first bite.
Isaak was with us at the orchard but somehow dodged the pictures I took. As soon as we got home from the orchard Isaak had a game. This kid on the field is absolutely a smile.
Last week I read a book that Anthony suggested. Hero by Mike Lupica. This is a great kids book. I loved getting lost in the plot. When I completed the book Nic quickly pointed out that HE had handed me a book months ago and I should finally get to reading it. I smiled and picked up The Magicians Nephew, CS Lewis and started making may way through the text. I smiled today when I completed HIS book. Another excellent book by CS Lewis.
I just tucked Isaak in bed and snuggled up next to him while he fell asleep. It's always a smile to spend time with my guys.
I have a ton of pics on my phone and as soon as Tmobile will allow me in my account I'll be back with more pics and smiles.